Wintersun Festival (carscarscars)

Wozza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nzgamer.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey haven't been around these parts for a while, been out taking heaps of photo's, so keep a look out for a few new topics from me about the place. :)

Ok I was getting some sun in the Goldcoast last month (haven't seen it since). Out of sheer luck, I arrived during the Wintersun Festival and was able to get to Coolangatta in time for the last day of it. There were an amzing amount of cars there, every time I thought I must be at the end, I spotted a few hundred more cars.

The event was completly packed and the cars were very close together, this and some really harsh sun/shadows made it incredibly hard to get good pictures, the cars themselves though compensated for this by making technically poorer shots still awesome. :crazy:

I also went back the next day and some of the cars were still about, but just parked up letting me get some less noisy pics.

I used an external flash/fdiffuser for most to bring out the paint and soften some shadows. Got some funny looks using a large flash in sunlight. :crazy: No tripod (way too crowded) so they are all single exposures, so yeah there will be a blown sky or two as I was exposing for the cars paint.

Some to get you started:

3723494556_8fd5b1a3a9.jpg

3673590843_e655008a20.jpg

3677920894_d1331cc276.jpg

3696826801_ff9d15c6d2.jpg

3699616928_13c87e6780.jpg

3716713696_b19abf6914.jpg

3721187853_d149656d93.jpg

Rest of the shots
Coolangata Car Show '09 - a set on Flickr

Car shows are always frustrating for me as I hate having to deal with the back rounds. The 2nd shot stands out as the best. Nice cars but the last one I would love to have a hour shooting it away from the show. ;)

I agree, we had a big car event here a couple of weeks ago and it was the same thing, packed together like sardines and very harsh sunlight ... my external flash doesn't seem to make much different in daylight (maybe it's just not strong enough) but I think you have some nice shots here anyway :)

Most reactions

Back