World Cup

You telling me the T&T game wasn't interesting?

5 missed opportunities. A massive save by Terry. Two goals at the end of the game?

It was pretty boring. The last 1/4 was good. England have not had the most interesting games in the tournament and thats with supporter bias.

Not as interesting as Argentina running rings around Serbia, but I was on the edge my seat the whole time.

Their playing hasn't been exciting by any means. Infact I too am dissapointed right now at their inability to get the team working well together, but hopefully that all changes as the tourney progresses.

Oh yeah babeee! Cole's goal was a-m-a-z-i-n-g !!!! What a read on the Swedish goalie's location and what a kick to beat him!

Too bad England's defense was tired in the second half, they deserved a victory.

And yeah, Rooney's going to be a major factor in the second round. This guy is freakin' talented!

Flippin 'eck ... what the hell happend to Campbell and Cole in those final minutes ?

Joe Cole = Man of the Match and rightly so.

Owen Hargreaves .... anyone that knows me well will now faint or have a major shock ... Well done ... second man of the match.

Spending the many years on and around a football pitch I will say now that by Monday Michael Owen will be flying back to England wiht a very bad injury. The FA have temporily give it as a twisted knee ... that was FAR worse. He'll be luck to start the season in August.

I know he won't see this ... but good luck Michael.

Well ... It's Ecuador next game on Sunday ... time for me to stock up on the beer .. nibbles and let the wife know she is going tohave to come home on her own as I can't pick her up this Sunday !

yea im releaved we take top position :mrgreen: ....... but the game was sketchy in places for us..... we can still do alot better. Coles goal was amazing tho...... and stevie gerrards wasn't bad either...... michael owen tho..... 1st min...... i truely thought we were just gonna be jinxed this tournament. Lets just hope we can use the team we have well, in the next round ;)

Ouch... I actually thought we'd won 2-1. I don't mean I was being complacent about England winning, I mean I couldn't see the screen too well and actually thought the game was over. I went to put my glass down and when I looked back at the screen again Sweden had scored. At least I got some enjoyment out of watching England play this time though; with their performance in the last two games I almost wanted them to lose. Good thing I didn't say that in the local earlier though...

Mitica100 said:
And yeah, Rooney's going to be a major factor in the second round. This guy is freakin' talented!

...and he's not even firing on all cylinders yet!

here's a little clip of Rooney doing some tricks with a can of coke

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVmGJkPR2Jw&search=rooney"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVmGJkPR2Jw&search=rooney[/ame]

JohnMF said:
...and he's not even firing on all cylinders yet!

here's a little clip of Rooney doing some tricks with a can of coke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVmGJkPR2Jw&search=rooney

THAT is amazing...... how anyone can control an object as awkward as a can of coke like that i have no idea....... he is indeed the best player in England at the moment tho....... just wish he'd sign for Liverpool!:mrgreen:

Archangel said:
THAT is amazing...... how anyone can control an object as awkward as a can of coke like that i have no idea....... he is indeed the best player in England at the moment tho....... just wish he'd sign for Liverpool!:mrgreen:

I'm an Everton supporter so i wish he never left us in the first place :x

...also, i think i would hurt my foot if i kick a can of coke that hard

GO HOLLAND. I need them to win to get maximum pointage on my pool.

sorry they let you down Bace :)
But im glad it was a tie...........was a terrific game to watch, which i didnt really expected. Anyways Go Holland!!!!!!!1

Most reactions

Back