yashica for 65 bucks

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
meter no longer works, shutter sticks. worth it? approx how much to get something like the sticky shutter fixed?

If its a 124G I would go for it. Or maybe the LM or EM. Though it's probably one of those since it has a light meter. That part doesn't matter, it's a crappy meter anyway. With the Yashicamats the shutter sticks if you don't use it for a while. That is how my D was when I got it on ebay. All I did was clicked the shutter on every speed a couple times and it worked like new.

Osmer_Toby said:
approx how much to get something like the sticky shutter fixed?

look it up at camerarepair.com

they have a list of "standard repair costs" for various models.

I've used them for 3 cameras and they were fast, and as cheap or cheaper than anywhere else I looked. They did a great job with all three cameras.

The Yashica 124G is a workhorse. A really terrific camera for the price. I bought one in 1972 for $80. new.

I used it for about 15 years. But when it went into storage for a year mold grew inside the taking lens. Everything had an asymmetrical vignette. So I'd check the lens, wide open to be sure.

Mold can sometimes grow inside the lens when it contains the iris diaphram shutter.

Nicest thing of a lens like this is X-sync at all shutter speeds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back