Yashica

Discussion in 'Medium Format & Large Format' started by YoungPic, Mar 23, 2007.

1. YoungPic

YoungPic TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    im still kinda new to the photography world but getting a pretty good handle on it, got my dslr about a year ago and have about 4 other film cameras, including my yashica d 120 film camera, i havnt used it yet but just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with this camera because i would like to start using it

2. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's a good camera and you'll love it. Just find some 120 size film, load it and start shooting. You'll need to use it with a hand held lightmeter.

Let me know if you need instructions how to use it, there are a few free manuals on the web.

3. YoungPic

YoungPic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yea i printed out the manual off the web, umm i think ive got a pretty good handle on how it works, but i wont really find that out until i shoot some shots, do you know if henrys develops 120 still, i cant since i dont have a darkroom.......yet

4. blackdoglab

blackdoglab yeah I'm easy.... but I'm not cheap

Photos OK to edit
    I've got a Yashica A and I guess my opinion has already been said, but just get out and shoot as much as you can. I just processed my first roll of black and white from it and the results were great. If you use the sunny f16 rule, your shots should come out just fine.

5. Don Simon

Don Simon TPF Noob!

YoungPic, you don't need a darkroom to develop film. Just the chemicals, a tank (no not a Sherman), some measuring cylinders/jugs & and a thermometer. Darkness is only required when the film is going into the tank; this can be done with a changing bag or even in the closet.