yawning cat

macropleasure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i like taking shots of my cat whilst yawning
this is not an outstanding pic, but my mother , who runs a magazine, wants to publish it. the magazine is not at all photography related..but the shot fits with the theme somehow and she will publish it and give me the credit..i have to say..i am excited..:)

DSC08302.jpg

Great, it's always good for an aspiring artist, or an established one to get more exposure with their work.
The photo itself is quite nice, but since the focus is the yawn, I would like to have seen it framed a bit tighter, just head and shoulders really.
You're not too far off with this one though.

Yawning cat photos often make the cat look like it's yelping or biting. However, you did a good job with this one in actually portraying the yawn. Perhaps it has something to do with the way the cat's body is positioned. Therefore, I have to disagree with the above poster, and say that the cat's body adds to the shot.

thanks you two..for the comments :wink:

well my mother says that it is important that the cat is sitting in a chair..because that is relevant to the article it will appear in..so it does not matter that the entire body is visual..

Now you just need to charge your mom through the nose for its use. :)

Now you just need to charge your mom through the nose for its use. :)
lol..i could try..but i think it would not work..

mary, thanks :wink:
oh and by the way..it is a female cat..

Cute! My cat just looks alien when she yawns. It's amazing when you get close and can see what their tongues look like. Probably again the reason why my last photo came out looking alien.

Ive been looking around here for a little while now and I love the way most of your pics have come out. What camera are you using?

Nice pic, I can't wait to see more :)

Probably again the reason why my last photo came out looking alien.

lol..:lmao:

@bear: thanks a lot...:wink:
i am using a cybershot sony DSC W-40

but as that is not good enough in my opinion
i am hoping to get a Nikon D40 for graduation

Most reactions

New Topics

Back