Yay, me gots a new toy

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, I spoiled my self on my birthday but any who...

100_2334-1.jpg

Maybe, I should paint it.

Well, wow! ;)
"Paint it"? What colour? Camouflage?

Well, wow! ;)
"Paint it"? What colour? Camouflage?

Camouflage is tough to do, but considering I am a certified autobody tech I could pull it off if I set my mind to it.

My, that's a big one! The tripod doesn't look bad either...

And that is not even fully extended, she'll go to 61 inches (a little over five feet). Despite being very inexpensive (only around thirty USD) and the fact my camera is going to be pushing the load capacity, It should prove to be exactly what I need.

it has a hook to place some extra weight to it ... that will be useful on a windy day.

just a little advice.....

i bought that exact same tripod about 5 months ago, and just had to get another one (different one). one of the quick release plates cracked about 3 weeks after i got it with only my Rebel XT and Sigma 70-300mm lens on it, the hook broke off when i put my camera bag with 1 lens in it on it, the gear to raise the center column started to stick and oiling it didnt help (it got stripped), and finally one of the legs broke at the top. i take very good care of the stuff i buy because i cant afford to replace them, so it wasnt abused at all. it just wasnt a very good tripod.

i hope you have much better luck with yours, but i would keep an eye on it, just in case.

just a little advice.....

i bought that exact same tripod about 5 months ago, and just had to get another one (different one). one of the quick release plates cracked about 3 weeks after i got it with only my Rebel XT and Sigma 70-300mm lens on it, the hook broke off when i put my camera bag with 1 lens in it on it, the gear to raise the center column started to stick and oiling it didnt help (it got stripped), and finally one of the legs broke at the top. i take very good care of the stuff i buy because i cant afford to replace them, so it wasnt abused at all. it just wasnt a very good tripod.

i hope you have much better luck with yours, but i would keep an eye on it, just in case.

Thanks, I appreciate that input, I'll know what to look for. I have only had a couple opportunities to use it so far and one of the things I noticed already is the center column gets a little wobblie at full extension, I prolly won't use the center column extension to often. I too can't afford to replace things very often, It actually played into why I bought it, my other tripod was designed for P shooters, Not SLR's and continuing to use it for the SLR would have toasted it before long leaving me nothing to keep in my briefcase. Thankfully I am fairly skilled with some metal and plastic repair and should be able to rectify most of the problems that may arise, I may just preemptively replace the hook with something more suitable for the task. As for the quick release goes, I'm not even sure if I like it, I may end up modifying it to a normal release as I don't have a bag and the camera needs the mount threading to go into it's factory case and putting the plate on and removing it before and after shoots defeats the purpose of the quick release. I did not like the plastic locks on the legs from the beginning so those will prolly be replaced before too awful long.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back