You will like it or you will hate it (C & C welcome)

bingbang

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first impression, but I am interested by your opinions (not much technical ones except if you see blunders, but mainly about your feeling)

$IMG_8711.jpg

lol. That's a very funny and original answer.

datass.jpg

Personally, i like it.

@gsgary : depends on what you are showing, I guess. It can be a picture about the person, it can be a picture about anything else where the model is the medium. You won't follow the same paths in each case.

I think my favorite part of the entire photo is her hand placement, very well done if you coached her on that. I never know what to do with people's hands. Otherwise as far as a gut feeling, and this is just my personal taste, I would give it a "Like."

I do like it, but I think that might be spillover from my appreciation of the lighting. Overall, I don't like the posing, but it's not enough to break the bank.

ok so..maybe "hate" is too strong.
what i dislike here is the dark outfit, dark hair, dark background....
it all gets lost together. you either needed more light on her, or a lighter outfit to contrast against the dark background and a hair light.
otherwise, she has some very nice assets for you to get plenty of practice with.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's a fine figure of a woman...the material the dress is made out of has a very strong appeal, hence the "dat ass" comment above, which while crude, has a certain definite ring of truth to it. Lighting is okay. The hand and arm placement are a bit 'different', yet not without appeal. With her as the subject, it would take extreme measures to mess up a photo of her to the point that it would hold no appeal.

I don't hate it, but I don't like it. I think the pose makes her butt look disproportionately large compared to her top half. As a female, I wouldn't want to purchase a picture of myself in this pose. I do however, like the lighting and her dress.

This isnt really doing it for me. Decent looking chick and really nice outfit but this is not a great angle. Head twist turned to neck rolls. maybe a twist at the torso instead of the neck.

Thanks to all of you. I had some additional remarks/questions :

@togalive : could you tell me more precisely what you mean by "might be spillover from my appreciation of the lighting" ?
@ wyogirl : the "butt effect" was entirely part of the picture, as Derrel got it.

I like it. I would probably like it in B/W even more.

I totally agree with Kathy also if you could add a blur to the back

Kathy what do you think about this article the picture in it is amazing. I might as well make it my signature.
Tips for taking B&W pictures

First thing I thought was she was holding in going to the bathroom. After looking at it for a bit then I get the hey you want this come and get it vibe. It can be very seductive in its own way.

I kinda like it.

Most reactions

Back