your OTHER job.

In 1969, as a college student trying to stay out of the draft, I got a part-time job with a Company that had one of those newfangled computer systems of that time. It was an IBM 360/30 (.5 meg of memory in CPU that still took up an entire room of raised floor climate controlled space. Read a record/write a record/print a record) with less processing power than current wristwatches and cellphones.

Learning to program and operate that computer turned into a 27 year career in IT (IBM, and eventually UNIX) Technical Support. With some companies, being on call meant that there are 24 hours in a day, with whatever time they did not need or page you, you can have to yourself...lol

In 1996 left BellSouth in downsizings of that time, and started a lowly commercial cleaning business. In 2000 my wife walked away from a 27 year career as a burned out RN to come work with me, and we never looked back.

We now own a Coatings business offering several specialized coatings, one of which we use to restore faded oxidized finish (without repainting and all the negatives that go with doing that) to roll-up doors in Self Storage Complexes. Other coatings offered for concrete floors and masonry surfaces, and an anti-slip / non-skid process for slick when wet tile floors.

I use photography to take before photos, then take after shots of the entire complex, refinished doors and everything else, that they can use to update their website, brochures, signage and other advertising. Take the pics, go home, mild edit, watermark, cut to a CD and send back to them.

All of my photos are watermarked with a web address, and that brings me occasional additional commercial work.

No plans at all to ever go back to a j-o-b (hate that work when it refers to me).

part time student, part time defense electronics manufacturing technician... basically i build little wires that go in big things like jets, humvees, helicopters, and robots. 99% of our work is with the navy... its kinda fun to see the stuff that comes through the shop, if you have ever watched the show "future weapons" on the discovery channel, we just had one of those big crowd control speakers come through the shop, and we might pick up a contract for a $100,000 electric buggy that does 0-60 in like 4 seconds... not to mention the exclusive contract for the new era of dogtags: electronic dog tags. basically wireless hard drives that have all the soldiers medical records and personal info so that doctors can save a life if the soldier is unconsious and needs a blood transfusion for example...

yeah it sounds cool but it really just consists of cutting thousands of wires and plugging them in to connectors ect... gets the $ though

Graphic Designer/press operator/production manager/sales rep for a print company.

I'm a sudent, work at a computer store, and work as a waiter for the weekends. Yet I still have time for photography :p

Im currently a student, live at home. and work at home depot as a lot attendant, or otherwise known as the store's personal slave, push carts, load vehicles, all the fun outdoor stuff.

Warehouse manager by day, mortician by night. :lmao:

I interpret images which are made using ionizing radiation (x-ray/gamma rays/positrons), sound waves (ultrasound), and magnets/radio waves (MRI) ...

I make some of those images, but mostly sit in a dark room staring at a set of very expensive monitors and interpret them ...

I'm a Radiologist.

Student...Computer Science major at North Carolina State University.

Hmm I have been without an actual job title for years now. officially.

I program automated Surface Mount Technology placement machines, and any other machine used in the process of producing printed wired assemblies (circuit boards)

I also maintain those machines and fix them when the break down. I also create the the process documents and procedures that those operating the machines use in normal everyday production.

Lastly I watch and police quailty issues up and down the line.

So for not knowing exactly what my company wants me to be called it's been a good job for the last 14 years. There is one other person that has my lack of a title. My plant makes professional Amplifiers and Microphones. I love it!

Err...I realize now that I posted a bunch in this thread, but never mentioned what I do.

Well, not that I've graduated, I work full time on audio design for video games for Big Huge Games. Go buy some of our games now, please!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back