your OTHER job.

hmm... someone asked me what I do the other day.. and I had to laugh coz I couldn't think of an answer.

I am a photographer, a boss, a book keeper, a sales person, a secretary, chauffer, a courier, a therapist, a person who gets yelled at for no reason, a problem solver - ie: fixes up major **** ups, a person keeping the economy going by buying heaps of gear, a bit of scum, a genius, a copywriter, an online marketer, a lame marketer in general... oh yeah... that's right I run a small business.
oh and I also work for practically the largest media company in the world... and if I have to see one more peice of corporate branding while I'm sitting at my own desk I think I'll smash a peice of office equipment like that scene in Office Space.

[ / rant ]

since we're talking degrees: i have an Associates degree in applied sciences to the degree of photography specializing in portraiture ( I think that's what it says) but really who puts their degree to work? I'm a receiveing clerk by day, mom the rest of the time, and in 11 years that degree i don't use will be all mine. :wink:

I watch a friends little ones when I can to help her out but for the most part photography is my job. i also am a mother to 3 little girls. I have between 2 and 5 sessions a week and it keeps us going. enought I get stuck paying taxes each year! LOL!

At one time photography was indeed my vocation as I served as a Photographer's Mate in the United States Navy (1977-82). I also managed a few one-hour photo labs in the early- to mid-1980s when one hour labs were the newest thing in photo finishing.

Now, however, my vocation is as a CNC Programmer. I write the programs that drive automated equipment in the structural steel fabrication industry.

About 80% of our fabrication is done for the petro-chemical industry. I live in south Louisiana and the business of petroleum is big time business down here as we refine anywhere from one-seventh to one-fifth of the gasoline, diesel and heating oil consumed in the United States.

I do still pick a few dollars here and there with my photography, however. Mostly from shooting softball and basketball team pictures for the local parks and recreation department.

Oh, I also do some affiliate marketing on the side *yawn*, so boring.

7 and a half years ago I won the lottery. 42 million.

Last year I also won the lottery. 84 million.

LOL! er....:study:

I'm a freshmen in high school =)

In Geometry class doing proofs as i speak. Anyone got any tips for these? haha, there hard!

Lets see ....
The 3 included angles of a triangle add up to 180 degrees...

I can sum up a whole year of trigonometry in about 90 seconds:
SohCahToa!

Sin(X)= opposite/hypotenuse
Cos(X)=adjacent/hypotenuse
Tan(X)=opposite/adjacent

That right there is 99% of a trig class that lasts a whole year.
T

Lets see ....
The 3 included angles of a triangle add up to 180 degrees...

I can sum up a whole year of trigonometry in about 90 seconds:
SohCahToa!

Sin(X)= opposite/hypotenuse
Cos(X)=adjacent/hypotenuse
Tan(X)=opposite/adjacent

That right there is 99% of a trig class that lasts a whole year.
T

And remember: saa (side angle angle) can give you all 3 sides, as can sss and aaa...but if you use ssa, you make an @ss out of yourself! :lol:

Former photo journalist (UPI, LA Times, Orange County News).

Presently a consultant in construction management and environmental engineering.

(Majored in Communications/Journalism and a second major in Marine Biology ... so I sorta used my degrees)

Gary

Former photo journalist (UPI, LA Times, Orange County News).

Presently a consultant in construction management and environmental engineering.

(Majored in Communications/Journalism and a second major in Marine Biology ... so I sorta used my degrees)

Gary

I hate to post so much in a row (no I don't, who am I kidding!), but I have to say it...

Is anyone here a Marine Biologist!?

Most reactions

Back