08 Assignment-YELLOW- Due October 15 or whenever

Gorgeous photos. I'd so hoped to be able to catch our apricot at the right time, but most of its glorious yellow leaves fell last night and this morning with the high winds we're having.

4106655146_4e4fbaea96.jpg

John, I would've loved to see it before it dropped its leaves as this pic doesn't grab me as much as your other images do.

Yeah... that does happen from time to time. I was going to post this one earlier in the week and talked myself out of it as I felt that my heart wasn't in it and something about it just didn't sit right with me.

DSC_1271-Edit Small.jpg

Ah, but this is a grand one, subtle and delicate with creamy background tones.

Thank you. The background was why I wanted to post it. The subject is why I rejected it. Color, contrast, sharpness, etc..., are all wrong. It just doesn't feel right.

Thank you. The background was why I wanted to post it. The subject is why I rejected it. Color, contrast, sharpness, etc..., are all wrong. It just doesn't feel right.
Then you might think about adding a texture to it. Over this past summer, with all the time off, I was able to look at many photographers' flickr sites. An appropriate texture in a layer set to Overlay mode and finessing the opacity might be just the ticket for an image like this.

This was a recent shot I got of my girlfriend during our trip to Niagara Falls. This one tree was covered in yellow leaves and despite littering the ground was still quite full. It was perfect for a photo shoot as you can see!

4110787782_3eab80cf52_b.jpg

The background is gorgeous, but I think there is too much of a greenish cast to the flower itself. You want the yellow tones of the flower to "pop" and they don't in this shot.

Most reactions

Back