08 Technical assignment #2 Frozen water

I'm still wondering if my Nikon coolpix will work... I'm still trying though!

Another site I go to for photography contests had a contest almost exactly the same as this one. I had tried shooting outside mid-day at a very small waterfall. Terrible idea. Next time i am trying inside.

I love that image, hawkeye!

Thanks. I just set up the tripod at the sink and took countless pictures till I finally got a decent drop.

1/500 sec
200 mm
ISO 200
Flash: Did Fire

Im in Sydney and it poured rain all weekend. So I setup shop outside and took photos of drops hitting a table which had freestanding water on it. I must have taken 300 images and I still did not get one I liked.

I'm still wondering if my Nikon coolpix will work... I'm still trying though!

Try going in a really dark room and pour water/soda into a cup and taking a picture. While you can't control the shutter speed using only flash to illuminate is somewhat like using a 1/10000 shutter speed (or thereabouts).

What I found out on this Assignment.
My Camera (D40X) will only go to 200 in flash mode.
it is better to use a lighter background
246558881-S.jpg
246559233-M.jpg

Thanks for the site
Monz

Welcome to the forum!

Im in Sydney and it poured rain all weekend. So I setup shop outside and took photos of drops hitting a table which had freestanding water on it. I must have taken 300 images and I still did not get one I liked.

Urgh, I know the feeling. I'm so glad the digital age came about. I couldnt imagine trying to do that film :confused:

Yeah no kidding, that would be spendy.

I've got some more, but this was the first I came across.

DSC_3834_edited-1-sharpen.jpg

:mrgreen:

Nicely done! I like it alot! Your water dropplets are perfect!

here's my submission =)

2jahvsp.jpg

excellent shot. I like how it incorporates something else interesting into it. and by the way... nice camera ;-)

I don't know if this is cheating or not, but so far this is the only way I could get my camera to focus... somewhat

DSCN0513.jpg

Most reactions

Back