1 abstract portrait and 1 random for C&C

For some reason, I like that crop better.

It's obvious it's taken in a mirror.... the background enforces that.

The story now becomes "Why?" Are you somehow related to the action? Were you involved?

480sparky said:
For some reason, I like that crop better.

It's obvious it's taken in a mirror.... the background enforces that.

The story now becomes "Why?" Are you somehow related to the action? Were you involved?

No I wasn't involved, the woman must have called them because she was demonstrating a shoving motion. She looked, for lack of a better word, strung out. So much stress and despair in her face. As I drove by I saw her closer up and she was the reason I pulled my camera out but wasn't able to successfully get the shot I originally wanted. But as I stated above I am shy when it comes to pointing my camera at people, especially ones who look like yet are in some sort of unfortunate situation, so I don't know if I would have take the shot If I had the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

in some cities you get arrested for pointing your camera at cops

Seriously? I'm not arguing whether you can or can't, because I'm not 100% sure, but that just seems absolutely absurd! As long as you aren't interfering and there is no victim (such as rape, abuse, children, etc) to infringe on their privacy, I don't see how you can be charged. What grounds do they have to arrest you?

in some cities you get arrested for pointing your camera at cops

Seriously? I'm not arguing whether you can or can't, because I'm not 100% sure, but that just seems absolutely absurd! As long as you aren't interfering and there is no victim (such as rape, abuse, children, etc) to infringe on their privacy, I don't see how you can be charged. What grounds do they have to arrest you?

Yes, in some cities, the traffic cop on a power trip will arrest you for taking a photo of him and try to make you delete it. HOWEVER, as long as they are on public property, they have no right to do so, and you will not be charged. They cannot make you delete the image either, so don't let them. I can understand the cop asking you what your doing, or asking to view the photo, just because we are in a post-9/11 world, but they need to be informed on what the rights of a photographer are.

Yes, in some cities, the traffic cop on a power trip will arrest you for taking a photo of him and try to make you delete it. HOWEVER, as long as they are on public property, they have no right to do so, and you will not be charged. They cannot make you delete the image either, so don't let them. I can understand the cop asking you what your doing, or asking to view the photo, just because we are in a post-9/11 world, but they need to be informed on what the rights of a photographer are.

Right, in public areas, they cannot do that, that's what I thought. And they cannot ask you to delete because that would be destruction of your property. They wouldn't ask you to slash your tires for speeding, right? haha

I'ce heard of some cities enacting ordinances that make it illegal to photograph or videotape emergency personnel.

I'ce heard of some cities enacting ordinances that make it illegal to photograph or videotape emergency personnel.

That probably ties into HIPAA somehow, respecting peoples privacy when they're sick or injured.

That probably ties into HIPAA somehow, respecting peoples privacy when they're sick or injured.

From what I've heard, some cities are specifically addressing emergency personnel, not the public itself.

In the great state of Illinois it's illegal to videotape the po po. Audio only recordings are also illegal. Class 1 felony, up to 15 years in prison. And yes, they are enforcing it. I would have to look into it further, but I believe they're using existing eavesdropping laws as the basis.

Most reactions

Back