1 landscape and 1 cityscape

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been a while since i have posted. I went out before sun down hoping for a good sunset. Got an amazing one!
These are my 2 favorite. Im posting both the unedited and edited shots. Always looking for C&C so maybe they can help.
Both shot at 90mm

1)
Looking over the west valley of Phoenix
1QS9A7553.jpg

2)
Looking over Phoenix
1QS9A7555.jpg

Here are the unedited JPEG files. I dont know how to upload RAWs yet.
1QS9A7553-2.jpg

1QS9A7554-2.jpg

I dont know how to upload RAWs yet.
This site will not support RAW files, so you can't.

If at some time you want to show someone the RAW file, you'll have to post it on a site that does support that or just send the file via e-mail. Send a PM to a member to trade e-mails.

The West Valley one has quite a bit of desert scene (including what looks like a giant Cactus) that would act as a brilliant foreground but is missing from your edit. I know you were waiting for prime moment for the sky as it looks spectacular. My edit below tried to bring out the foreground and retain the sky but does not quite succeed on either point.
done1.jpg

That is a sweet vantage point and well worth another visit or two.

I tried to play a little with the foreground on it and was never happy. Started looking odd. Thought it would help frame the scene blacking it out. It was getting dark as well and the terrain already left me a little bloody. I did get some other shots with foreground but I kinda dI'd an HDR edit. They are not as welcomed here ;)

Here are a couple with forgrounds.
This one is a -3, 0, +3 HDR

2QS9A7467-HDR.jpg

everything was so pink and orange it was tuff to adjust it to look more like I saw it. I kinda left this with its colors. I didnt do the best with the graduated filter here.
1QS9A7518.jpg

1QS9A7472.jpg
1QS9A7466.jpg

Most reactions

Back