1 Month Photography Experience and Some Of My Shots.

Franz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and just recently got into photography. I bought a used Canon S3 IS with 3 different filters and a fisheye/wide-angle lens for $150. Camera looks brand new and works great.

Buy anyways, I went to Italy for vacation and experimented with the camera and this is what I got. I shot in full manual mode and the f-stop and shutter speed are different for every picture.

Any advice or comments are appreciated...I am still a newbie to photography.

3195242304_05ab4f7cf4_b.jpg

3194399647_4662ee4fc0_b.jpg

3195242424_fbc5fdced5_b.jpg

3194399869_5e34536742_b.jpg

3195243484_8fcb759a89_b.jpg

3195242734_627faa0199_b.jpg

Last edited:
#1 - The first thing I noticed about this shot is the CA (chromatic aberration or purple fringing) on the wire in the upper right and the dust or hair shadow in the middle fence 'eye'. Was the wire of the fence that interesting?

#2 - Is the wooden beams the main focus of this shot? Or the scenery behind it? The horizon isn't level.

#3 - Backlit leaves...uh, okay...

#4 - Not bad. I like the color of the sun and the tint of color over the horizon. The horizon is nice and straight. Might have been better if the silhouettes weren't there.

#5 - Nice, but the horizon isn't level and it's right in the middle vertically.

#6 - Interesting shot. The vertical white bars on the right bother me.

#7 - Nice, but what is the main subject? The carousel, the building or the sky?

#8 - Interesting night shot. Kinda dark though.

#9 - Interesting things going on in the shot. Repeating arches, brick textures, colorful flags, circles in the windows...I wish the flags weren't centered. Slightly underexposed.

#10 - This image seems unbalanced...too much weight on the right side and almost nothing on the left. The bright light in the lower corner is distracting.

#11 - Image is a little blurry.

Well I have a comment..
You are new to photography you took all these in manual with an S3..
I really like all of them I would never have guessed you were new to photography..
I look forward to seeing more shots..
#1 & #5 would be my personal favourites...

Thanks for the input so far. Thanks for pointing out all the faults Samanax...this really helps me out a lot. I know what to look for to take better pictures now.

Yeah this is the very first camera I have ever own...there are many things I need to work on to take great pictures though.

In 2, 3, 4, and 5, your horizon is crooked.

Everything else has been pretty much said.

Welcome to TPF!

Wow for a first timer, these are great photos. I hope to see your skills improve over the coming months.

Most reactions

Back