1 photo for C&C

I'm new to photos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0164.jpg

Would be taking and practicing today outside if it weren't windy so i'll see what i can do with the indoor stuff. there is only so much you can take a picture of.

If you look at the edges it looks all grainy and wavy why is that? it looks sharp and clean on my camera

The LCD on your camera does not properly represent the image quality. Newer cameras (Canon 5d Mk II, 7D and 50D) have higher quality LCD screens, but its still not like looking at the image on a properly calibrated monitor.

As for the image itself, what were you trying to accomplish or say with this image?

Honestly, its a boring image and I cannot see why someone would capture this. Do you have other angles to shoot from other than straight on? are there elements you want to pick out / emphasize that you could zoom in on?

Really, its the back of a pick up truck with a bunch of crap in it. The truck and crap are partially cut off on the left and right of the frame. Colours are flat, not much of interest in the image.

The LCD on your camera does not properly represent the image quality. Newer cameras (Canon 5d Mk II, 7D and 50D) have higher quality LCD screens, but its still not like looking at the image on a properly calibrated monitor.

As for the image itself, what were you trying to accomplish or say with this image?

Honestly, its a boring image and I cannot see why someone would capture this. Do you have other angles to shoot from other than straight on? are there elements you want to pick out / emphasize that you could zoom in on?

Really, its the back of a pick up truck with a bunch of crap in it. The truck and crap are partially cut off on the left and right of the frame. Colours are flat, not much of interest in the image.

hmmm idk i see the creativity in my head and then when you say what you say im just like ye i agree : (

The camera was set on auto so it chose the settings and not you, ISO800 F4 1/60 and it fired the flash, sorry but all you did was point and shoot, if you had move backwards for a more establishing shot there may have been a narrative

The camera was set on auto so it chose the settings and not you, ISO800 F4 1/60 and it fired the flash, sorry but all you did was point and shoot, if you had move backwards for a more establishing shot there may have been a narrative
how do you know?

Well, what creativity do you see?

I have a trick I like to do when I come on to something that I find interesting. I shoot a minimum of 10 different pictures of the thing. High up looking down, down low looking up, close in, detail shots of just parts, far out shots to capture more, angle my camera in different directions try not to tilt too much.

It helps develop my creative eye as personally, I dont think I'm too creative naturally. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

In the photo, I like the detail and texture in that bumper. Get down on your knees and try and capture parts of the bumper, some with background showing, some with a wide aperture for shallow DOF to blur out the background.

Are there trees to climb? Are you able to climb safely? Can you get a ladder? As I find the background too distracting, shooting from higher up and down onto the subject might help. Maybe add a bit of a camera tilt.

But who knows, maybe none of this will work, maybe it will.

I was purposely a bit harsh in my CC (although its all honestly what I think) to really hit home and try and get you to think about things differently other than just straight on from standing tall.

how do you know?

EXIF data stored on all images can be viewed by others.

I have a trick I like to do when I come on to something that I find interesting. I shoot a minimum of 10 different pictures of the thing. High up looking down, down low looking up, close in, detail shots of just parts, far out shots to capture more, angle my camera in different directions try not to tilt too much.

It helps develop my creative eye as personally, I dont think I'm too creative naturally. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

In the photo, I like the detail and texture in that bumper. Get down on your knees and try and capture parts of the bumper, some with background showing, some with a wide aperture for shallow DOF to blur out the background.

Are there trees to climb? Are you able to climb safely? Can you get a ladder? As I find the background too distracting, shooting from higher up and down onto the subject might help. Maybe add a bit of a camera tilt.

I was purposely a bit harsh in my CC (although its all honestly what I think) to really hit home and try and get you to think about things differently other than just straight on from standing tall.

no no i'm liking everyones coments i just need to learn how to take it in and actually use it correctly! So today im gunna try some indoor shots any advice from anyone would be great. tahnx.

One of the best pieces of photography advice that I was ever given is to find a different perspective. We all see the world from the perspective of standing straight up and looking forward. A photo that shows us something that we see everyday but from a perspective that we don't normally see will often capture our interest and make that photo stand out.

no no i'm liking everyones coments i just need to learn how to take it in and actually use it correctly! So today im gunna try some indoor shots any advice from anyone would be great. tahnx.

Indoor, outdoor, its all the same. find something that inspires and try and shoot it from various angles and settings.

I remember when my wife took a graphic design course, her first homework was to draw an apple in a box 25 times in 25 different ways. Fun exercise to do.

Sorry, but I agree with everything thats been said! This does absolutely nothing for me! Its the back of a truck with trash in it, nothing creative, taken in auto, not special editing done; just bla and boring! Sorry! :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back