1 portrait for C&C

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
from a photo session with a great Trumpet player!
DSC_0503.jpg

C&C per req:

Lots of potential here, but a few issues. First off the image is rather too centered for my taste and with excess empty space above her head. As well, be cognizant of your backgrounds. This one is softly focused, but there's still enough detail to be rather distracting, and the tree "growing" out of her head doesn't help a lot either. I'd lose the vignette and boost the reds/pinks just enough to give her a little skin colour; I'm not sure the desaturated look really works.

It's a nice shot, and I think just some quick cropping and saturation hue adjustments would make it a lot better.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

C&C per req:

Lots of potential here, but a few issues. First off the image is rather too centered for my taste and with excess empty space above her head. As well, be cognizant of your backgrounds. This one is softly focused, but there's still enough detail to be rather distracting, and the tree "growing" out of her head doesn't help a lot either. I'd lose the vignette and boost the reds/pinks just enough to give her a little skin colour; I'm not sure the desaturated look really works.

It's a nice shot, and I think just some quick cropping and saturation hue adjustments would make it a lot better.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Good suggestions thanks!

I agree with the above post that it's a bit too centered. I do think you did a nice job with the edit though, it looks very "clean." Thanks for sharing.

To be contrary, I think this works centered, well, if it were actually centered. Crop tighter, too much space above the head. Agree with others about the background.

I like this and the centered looks great for this pose and location. Great coloring also!

Football shoulders and clenched fists run contrary to her facial expression.

Could you lessen the shadow on her chest caused by the jacket? She melts into the background below her waist. Perhaps remove or lessen the vignetting you added bring up the exposure a tad on her trousers.

I would recrop to remove the lamp post and excessive head space.

Lovely model. Nice attempt.

She's a great trumpet player...it would have been awesome if she were holding a trumpet...I think the camera is a few inches too high and angled downward...I get that you were trying to include some background, but it's just coming across as too much top space...I do not mind the "football shoulders" too much, since she appears to be rather petite and even with her shoulders fully square to the camera she looks like a small woman AND the jacket she has has a neat seamed together pattern on it, and the pose is very symmetrical. I think the dark vignette at the bottom is too much.

Most reactions

Back