What's new

1 Zoom vs 2 Primes

Would you buy the the 24mm prime or the 18-105mm zoom when I am sure that I am gonna buy the 50mm f/1.8G?
 
Last edited:
EchoingWhisper said:
Would you buy the the 24mm prime or the 18-105mm zoom when I am sure that I am gonna buy the 50mm f/1.8G?

If you are buying the 50 then just get the zoom. You won't know what you need until you start shooting. I bought a 50mm and I have a kit zoom (55-300) and the kit 18-55. You can get a kit lens for pretty cheap (used and sometimes new). They work for beginners and they give you an idea of what you will need. I saw a kit 55-200 for 90.00 used the other day. I'm not an expert but that's how I figured out what I need. The 50 hardly comes off my camera. I used the zoom for the first time in a long time this weekend because I was at a zoo.
 
Thanks a lot. I guess I'm gonna go for 18-105mm and 50mm. Thanks. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom