10 Interesting Things, Within 10 Feet, Challenge!

I like the origami rose, K.Li

Pugs, your first one is really cool. I love the texture repitition from the bible "leather" to the camera, lens cap, case... Nice image.
Thanks, Bitter Jeweler! Still-lifes are not something that I'm very practiced at or very good with in my opinion. I'm just fortunate that I was putzing about with my film cameras a while ago and had never gotten around to putting them away. My other Konica body was out frame to the right on the shelf.

Sometimes, I really miss film and I truly love the feel of those solid steel bodies and the solid mechanical action of those shutters firing. It's like for just that moment, the camera is alive and carrying out the action that I asked for when I hit the shutter release. There's a bit of magic to that and to the moment when an image starts to rise out of the paper in the developer bath.

And with that bit of nostalgia done, I'm going to bed!

Ok here i go i apologize these aren't the greatest shots probably but hey, im just a beginner. :)

1. Hoya Filters that are probably 20+ years old from my parents old film cameras that happen to fit on my dslr. :)

128.jpg

2. Iron Man Head phones

127.jpg

3. PS3 Game... i had made this one black and white on photoshop but i accidentally saved it as a psd and am too lazy to fix it so ill post the b&w version later but it's not a great picture to be honest so maybe i wont bother. :)

116.jpg

Looks like it's my turn right now:

1.)

4232888221_793ab0d73a_b.jpg

The microphones of my Xbox, which I use for playing "Lips"

2.)

4233665456_c7be95ac4b_b.jpg

3.)

4232902139_a896bf73e0_b.jpg

An old toy car I got for cheap, placed on my friend's head.

4.)

4233675576_0bef487fbe_b.jpg

A smurf figure, placed on my tripod.

Glad to see this getting more action than the first time.

Has it been a challenge that makes you think a bit?
It's tough looking for interesting composition in ordinary stuff around you, isn't it?

I want to play...this is my first photo posting and I've only had my camera for a little under two weeks so please be kind.

DSC_0051-1.jpg

I love the shapes and lines of this. I think it'd be cool in B&W, too!

My entry ;) just a beginner so it's no where as good as everyone elses here but it was a good learning experience. C&C welcomed
4232979598_7d9742ce0c_b.jpg

I enjoy this one!

Looks like it's my turn right now:

4.)

4233675576_0bef487fbe_b.jpg

A smurf figure, placed on my tripod.

I LOVE the smurf!

My globe:
22440_1108249726770_1842647309_210975_6381583_n.jpg

Globes and books! My kind of room!

I think I may redo mine...

What I posted the first time around seems a little 'mediocre' now - I may give this another shot.

What I posted the first time around seems a little 'mediocre' now - I may give this another shot.

HAH! I'm already thinking of re-doing mine (I'm in a different room of the house, now...)!

And for the record, your original set was quite a bit better than mediocre.

OMG! Put that smurf on the edge of a lens...

Lens Cleaner Smurf!

this is a pretty cool thread, when my new cam comes in this week, ill be sure to post, it'll be the first pics i take with an slr, hopefully they'll be halfway decent lol

HAH! I'm already thinking of re-doing mine (I'm in a different room of the house, now...)!

And for the record, your original set was quite a bit better than mediocre.

Well, it was about 6 months ago... I like to think I've gotten a little better since then.

Well, if you'd switched out your Canon gear for a Nikon setup, you definitely would have improved instantly! LOL! :lmao::lol::lmao:

Kidding!!

It would be cool to see what you'd come up with now!

Nope, didn't make the switch yet, lol.

I might try to redo this sometime this weekend... I really do feel that I've grown enough that my previous entries shouldn't count, lol. Or at least they will (hopefully) stand as an example of how much I've grown.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back