11,000 km/h jet engine

Scram jets are awesome. Now we just have to find away to cheaply produce a skin that be able to disapate all that heat from the friction of the air.

well its taken long enough, they've been flying 'the plane the doesn't exsist' AURORA out of Groom Lake since the late 80's early 90's.

Good old Skunk works, they sure know how to build planes

disinformation?

Something strange has happened in the last few days regarding this. Everyone is touting this is the first test of a SCRAMJet. It is infact the 2nd sucessful test. NASA and The University of Queensland and the University of ... either Sydeny or New South Wales tested 2 of them around January last year. I am not sure why it didn't make the news back then but there was data spread all over UQ's physics and engineering departments. We even saw what was left of the SCRAMJet and they invited potential students to come have a look and gave them a big lecture about how good we are and how we have the best equipment and the worlds fastest wind tunnel too apparently ra ra ra ra come study at UQ here's the link to the website.

So ... what happened last week that suddenly made this big news? Were the media invited to this testing lol!

Something strange has happened in the last few days regarding this. Everyone is touting this is the first test of a SCRAMJet. It is infact the 2nd sucessful test. NASA and The University of Queensland and the University of ... either Sydeny or New South Wales tested 2 of them around January last year. I am not sure why it didn't make the news back then but there was data spread all over UQ's physics and engineering departments. We even saw what was left of the SCRAMJet and they invited potential students to come have a look and gave them a big lecture about how good we are and how we have the best equipment and the worlds fastest wind tunnel too apparently ra ra ra ra come study at UQ here's the link to the website.

So ... what happened last week that suddenly made this big news? Were the media invited to this testing lol!

Maybe it's just you..;) A quick search in the CNN archives shows that in november 2004 they had an article about 3 testflights with the X-43a. I'm guessing this is the same? Or at least similar? So this is not the second test. But you know how it is: maybe they got the best results so far or something like that.
Oh well, so in the future it will take me around an hour to get from here to Europe? Nice.

pascal

That's nice and all, but....does it come in British Racing Green?

Maybe it's just you..;) A quick search in the CNN archives shows that in november 2004 they had an article about 3 testflights with the X-43a. I'm guessing this is the same? Or at least similar? So this is not the second test. But you know how it is: maybe they got the best results so far or something like that.
Oh well, so in the future it will take me around an hour to get from here to Europe? Nice.

pascal

Less than hour definitely.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back