What's new

Talent vs Skills — where’s the magic coming from?

That's one photo every 2 hours.
;-)
And that's only 12 photos a day....most people can take 12 photos a sec....resulting in 1,000s of photos in a single outing on any given day...
20 years of photography could/should produce a much larger number...I'm already there (100,000 shutter clicks) at only 5 yrs.... LOLOL
 
... it’s looking at thousands of photos to identify what I like about them....
I did/do this a LOT....Trying to identify the lighting angle, the background distraction/lack of distractions, etc etc etc....then finding out the shutter speed, f stop, and ISO....to me, that's how "I" learn....then trying to duplicate, see my results, fine tune, try again...

I'm noticing lately that when looking thru the viewfinder I'm actually "seeing" background distraction WAAAAAY better than I used to..
I used to be focused on just the subject, then finding glaring distractions in the background later....

I consider this a transition to "another level" in my photography hobby...it makes me happy too, knowing I'm "gaining talent" in the game!
 
I'm noticing lately that when looking thru the viewfinder I'm actually "seeing" background distraction WAAAAAY better than I used to..
I used to be focused on just the subject, then finding glaring distractions in the background later....
Let me add to that something that really started to piss me off when i notice background details. architectural / civil engineering / decoration mistakes or oversights. imperfections or idgaf type of choices. when things are not straight or not aligned perfectly or too much stuff or just bad aesthetics. it makes my photography bad even though it was other peoples decisions.
 
Let me add to that something that really started to piss me off when i notice background details. architectural / civil engineering / decoration mistakes or oversights. imperfections or idgaf type of choices. when things are not straight or not aligned perfectly or too much stuff or just bad aesthetics. it makes my photography bad even though it was other peoples decisions.
Or when there’s a great subject with no decent viewing angle to shoot from. They really need to start including photographers on their planning committees.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom