- 11 Stops

JTPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is something I have been wanting to try for a while. Stacking a 10 stop ND and a circular polarizer, taking a mid-day shot with three elements, moving white clouds, rough water, and blue sky. We had a tropical depression looming offshore this weekend and the conditions were perfect so I gave it a crack. The tough part was composing the shot with the polarizer, then holding it in place so it didn't spin as I attached the ND. I had to crop off a little vignette but I was surprised at how sharp it came out. The wind was blowing 20 knots. Nikon d800, 20mm, ISO 100, f14, 30 seconds, No post processing other than the crop and slight contrast bump. I kinda like the way this 10 stop ND gives a natural vignette. Fun stuff.

$blue sky streaks.JPG

Great attempt!

I like it
The distant clouds are "fixed" while the closer clouds are kinda streaming choppy-like
and I love the way the water is .. all smoother out from the long exposure.

.........I kinda like the way this 10 stop ND gives a natural vignette. Fun stuff.........

The polarizer is what caused the vignetting, not the ND.

I love the pic.

Looks really good.

I really like this. I think you did a great job. Ive been trying to find a spot in my area to get a shot with the clouds moving towards me like that, with no luck.

Love the colors and tones. Nice composition.

Love the colors and smooth dreamy look. Very very nice.

Which 10 stop ND filter are you using?

nice shot!

Which 10 stop ND filter are you using?

nice shot!

This one is a B+W. I also have a Hitech square one but it is much harder to use with the light intrusion I get with my filter holder. Both are fun to experiment with.

Most reactions

Back