1100s church with 1700s interior

BKSPicture

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.bkspicture.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's one of my first shots from my short summer road trip.
This picture was taken in a nice old church that apparently had the much of its original interior sense it was rebuild in the 1700s.
More eye candy from this place will come but here are the first one edited and done :)

Technical info
Camera: Arax (6×6 medium format)
Lens: Carl Zeiss Jena DDR Biometar 80mm f/2.8
Film: Ilford Delta 100
Place: Solbräcke / Sweden

After looking at the picture for some wile I kinda feel that the face maby was a bit dark?
Do you think this work better?
$img360.jpg

Picture looks like normal documentary shot and IMO would require detailed info what, where, when. As for the title I am at lose, did you guys in Sweden in 17 century still were in Gothic ? This sculpture looks like very early Gothic and in 17 century it was a Baroque.

The light on the wall together with the figure are definitely trying hard to be something. I am not convinced they are succeeding. The patch of light has the shadows which appear to be other figures in it, which is potentially interesting placed next to the figure of the statue. Possibly cropping tighter, and/or fooling with contrast to emphasize this juxtaposition would help out? Also, going back and shooting at a different time of day (yes, I know, hard or impossible -- it's a joke!).

Picture looks like normal documentary shot and IMO would require detailed info what, where, when. As for the title I am at lose, did you guys in Sweden in 17 century still were in Gothic ? This sculpture looks like very early Gothic and in 17 century it was a Baroque.

This did date back to the 1100s and this was just one of the old statues that was hanging on the wall.
Have no idea how old this is etc.
But I don't what robo jesus you hange on the wall in the states but here in sweden the standard church statues have looked about the same as far as I know.
Guess its quite hard to be original when your do a sculpture of jesus on the cross or some holy man in their pajamas :D

And for the titel it was not ment as a documentary shot and more just where I found this.

Thanks for the comment, always appreciated!

The light on the wall together with the figure are definitely trying hard to be something. I am not convinced they are succeeding. The patch of light has the shadows which appear to be other figures in it, which is potentially interesting placed next to the figure of the statue. Possibly cropping tighter, and/or fooling with contrast to emphasize this juxtaposition would help out? Also, going back and shooting at a different time of day (yes, I know, hard or impossible -- it's a joke!).

Did try a tighter crop but this felt better.
In the shadows are just the walls edge, exaggerated the shadows there a bit becouse all that empty space didn't look good.
This is one of my more edited work and I have played with the contrast etc quite a lot as it is.
But I don't want to over do it either, a image that look very edited rarely look great in my book.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated!

Most reactions

Back