12 years in the making

Thanks for that SrBiscuit.
I generally don't reply to negative critique that I don't agree with or find useful, per the wisdom that I've read about accepting critique online. It works well for me. thickens the skin and helps me to realize that everyone sees uniquely.
That being said, it still felt good to read your post. :))

Me, I really like this image, so much that I wish I had shot it myself. I agree with you, fwellers, it's a bit imbalanced... but I'm not sure how to tweak it to address this. Maybe cropping a bit from the bottom, but being careful so as not to chop the thicker oil stain on the left. Good work.

If you're going to experiment with more abstract shots like this one, do not listen to the destructive criticism: abstract is not everybody's cup of tea, which is totally cool. If you enjoy doing it, who cares what the uninitiated (or uninterested) think? While I think that most of my own abstract shots are failures, I have received an invitation from three local artists (one of them fairly-well known around here) to do a gallery show with them. The images that most people wouldn't give a flying duck about (myself included) caused the jaws of a couple artists to drop. Go figure.

Keep it up.

Most reactions

Back