122 Camp reunion photos!

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have volunteered as a companion for Camp Quality Kansas years ago, and still help them when I have time. I helped at this same reunion last year making balloon animals and taking photos, just like I did last year. They have a really hard time finding photographers to volunteer for any of their events.
The lighting was terrible, and I knew it would be. I used my Pixel flash on-camera, with the mini-softbox I made, it work really nice. But the whole thing would have been way better if my camera (a T3i) handled low light better, but you use what you got. :)

This link is to the camp's photo album and not mine, I just didn't want to upload all those photos.
I know it is too many to give C&C on any of them, but if any of you have hints for this kind of work please say so! :)

Picasa Web Albums - Tobey Green - CQKS 2015 fal...

I can tell it was fun.. can't really tell anything about photos in terms of c&c

You know how to make balloon animals!? That's interesting :D

I can tell it was fun.. can't really tell anything about photos in terms of c&c

You know how to make balloon animals!? That's interesting :D

That's the backup plan if the photography doesn't work out!:biglaugh:
No matter how many balloon animals I know how to make, some kid wants something new.:048: And I have to invent it on the spot as they watch!:aiwebs_016:

No matter how many balloon animals I know how to make, some kid wants something new.:048: And I have to invent it on the spot as they watch!:aiwebs_016:
lol!

you're good at it, it seems... I always watch people who do that because I really find it interesting

lol!

you're good at it, it seems... I always watch people who do that because I really find it interesting

I had a little boy at camp that wanted a sniper rifle on year, it took over an hour, it was made with over 10 balloons, was over 4' long, and complete with barrel clip, bi-stand, scope! But the hardest thing I ever had to come up with was a Pig, this little girl really wanted one, it took well over over an hour and she loved it! :)

That's the coolest thing!

As far as the pictures, I'd make sure you're getting the entire person, less ceiling would be good, and watch the sides/corners when you're framing shots so you aren't getting odd edges of things and people.

I'd usually get shots of the entire room early, like table decorations, before people come in and eat and mess it all up. lol Otherwise you don't always need shots of the entire room, some of just one part of the event would bring the viewer in more to the scene. Keep practicing and thinking about how you're framing and what you want the viewer to see.

That's the coolest thing!

As far as the pictures, I'd make sure you're getting the entire person, less ceiling would be good, and watch the sides/corners when you're framing shots so you aren't getting odd edges of things and people.

I'd usually get shots of the entire room early, like table decorations, before people come in and eat and mess it all up. lol Otherwise you don't always need shots of the entire room, some of just one part of the event would bring the viewer in more to the scene. Keep practicing and thinking about how you're framing and what you want the viewer to see.

Thanks! I will keep that in mind. :)

Most reactions

Back