123, If You Want Me

Torrey Meeks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I just finished this time lapse that I made at a friend's party. I took 1 exposure per second for an hour and a half using a Canon Rebel T2i with a Tamron 11-17mm f/2.8 lens set to 17mm.

The music I used is by a band called Steed Lord. Any feedback or thoughts are welcome!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIsyCzsMVac"]123, If You Want Me[/ame]

Well that took some planning. I guess this wasn't just random as the movement seems to match the beat of the music and the finger counting is pretty deliberate. Was the animation created with some purpose in mind?

Well, the time lapse itself was an experiment and I had no plan to turn it into a music video when I originally set up the camera at the party. I'd just got the Tamron 17-55mm in the mail that day and wanted to test it out.

After I pulled the pictures into After Effects the next day so I could render and play the sequence I put this music to it, just to give my friends something to listen to while they were watching.

The more I watched it the more I liked the combination, so I cut the time lapse to some of the beats and filmed my wife counting "1,2,3,4" on her hands against a small greenscreen I have set up out back. I used the 50mm f/1.8 lens for the greenscreen and it wasn't perfectly lit by a long stretch but it worked out.

It sort of grew into what it is as a happy accident :)

I'm going out tonight to take some long exposures of the Perseid meteor shower. I've never done long starlight exposures trying to capture meteors though. Any suggestions?

What happened between 1:37 and 1:52??? Did some pizzas arrive?? Did everybody take a smoke break?? Kind of a fun little time lapse video. I liked the way the curtains gently blew in the breeze.

What happened between 1:37 and 1:52??? Did some pizzas arrive?? Did everybody take a smoke break?? Kind of a fun little time lapse video. I liked the way the curtains gently blew in the breeze.

Thanks!

The camera hit an error at about 8,500 exposures and stopped. Not quite sure what happened - I'd never seen the particular error message and it didn't look like the sensor had overheated.

I had to reset the camera and couldn't frame it exactly the same. I had it set up on top of a speaker in the corner with a balled up sock under the lens to keep it level!

I have always wanted to do this. You did it better than I ever would have. I love the idea of the music video. Otherwise I think that I would feel like some sort of perv. How did you resist the urge to run over to the camera and check on it?

How did you resist the urge to run over to the camera and check on it?

As long as I heard the shutter clicking I resisted the urge, but I did feel tempted!

After awhile it blurred into the white noise of the party so I wasn't aware of exactly the moment it cut out. I did scurry over and check on it a few times, but the time lapse is moving so quickly it's hard to see.

Most reactions

Back