14 Days and Counting – Maternity portrait

I personally like the colors that you chose. I feel that it compliments her skin and hair tone. I do however agree that the draping looks very bulky. I think it could be used in a looser fashion and produce an effect that looks a little bit softer and flow. I like the first shot the most because of the pose, uniform colors, and good eye contact

Thanks much. I agree, I should have spent more time with the draping and it does look bulky. It's still my favorite from the sitting.

The last shot however is incredibly confusing to me. I assume the man in the background is the father. Is/was he a Marine? Those are our desert MARPAT uniforms but on the blouse she is wearing there is no rank or nametapes. The man is not wearing a regulation shirt and it looks like you just took a green t-shirt and turned it inside out - I can see the seams and the imprint from the graphic on the outside of the shirt. Also he has a beard. .... If he IS a Marine, he is seriously out of regulations and under no circumstances should have stepped outside looking like that. It is a very well composed and sweet picture, but confusing to those who know about these things.

Wow. I'm truly impressed. I had no idea military uniforms are so identifiable. The fellow is an ex-Marine (is there such a thing?)... a medical discharge. And yes... that is merely a green T-shirt with a large graphic, turned inside-out so to hide it. I retouched out his name for privacy. I'm not at all fond of the image and included it since there was so little interest in the more formal shot.

I would have liked to see a bit more of the series. I'm not sure how many photos you took overall but some more with the father involved along with some closeups usually turn out really nice, as well.

I made quite a few exposures. I know this girl well, and, well... that's not the dad. He's the current boyfriend. So it was hard for me to pose them intimately. I guess I let my personal feelings keep me from doing more.

This is my favorite of the two of them together:

IMG_5119_web.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back