?

What

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I need to ask a question about the Nikon D200. Although I shoot everyday, anything and everything with my E500 that I bought two years ago, I still concider myself a total Newbie :lol: Still learning about manuel settings.. I want a nice up grade to grow into and more options with the Nikon lenses.

Because the D200 does not have automatic shooting, do you guys think a newbie could handle something like the D200? :lmao:

Of course. On my first SLR, I never touched the automatic settings. All I use is aperture priority and manual modes when shooting. Reading a light meter is easy enough. You'll get used to shooting manual quickly.

I am going to check one out this week at Ritz. Can you recomend any on line reliable companies to price around?

Also, what three good lenses would you recomend starting? and wide too?

You'd probably get more replies if your subject title was a little more descriptive..

but to answer, yes, regardless of what lots of people seem to think, the D200 is fine for newbies. It doesn't have full auto (a good thing IMO) It has an all manual mode and that will help you learn faster than any camera with lots of auto modes. If you need to shoot faster, there is Aperture and Shutter priority modes as well as a Program mode. I actually use mine in Aperture priority most of the time unless i'm in a difficult lighting situation. The meter on this camera usually gets it right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back