17-35mm f/2.8D and 80-200mm f/2.8D ED

blakeimus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with these two nikkor lenses? Would theses lenses with a D80 be a good set up? Thanks

Well if you shoot alot of film too, than sure, it could work, but the 17-55 f/2.8DX and 80-200 f/2.8 is a much better option. You get an extra 20mm on the long end and the 17-55 is just as sharp as the 17-35.

I have both the 17-55 f/2.8DX and the 80-200 f/2.8D and they're wonderful as a combination.

Yea my friend is letting me borrow these, im using them strictly with the D80, i was told by a friend to get the 17-55, ill buy that next month and then give back the 35 to my friend.

I'll disagree with Switch on this one and I happen to own and use the 17-55 f2.8 DX lens. If I had it to do over again, I would opt for the 17-35 because it has 35mm frame coverage. I think Nikon will be forced by competition to produce 35mm format digitals in the future and that will require regular Nikkors - not the DX models. I owned and used the 80-200 f2.8 ED for years. It is a top notch, A1, outstanding telephoto zoom - perhaps one of the best ever designed. The 17-35 is the standard pro level wide angle zoom for 35mm Nikon cameras. Excellent optic as well.

I'll disagree with Switch on this one and I happen to own and use the 17-55 f2.8 DX lens. If I had it to do over again, I would opt for the 17-35 because it has 35mm frame coverage. I think Nikon will be forced by competition to produce 35mm format digitals in the future and that will require regular Nikkors - not the DX models. I owned and used the 80-200 f2.8 ED for years. It is a top notch, A1, outstanding telephoto zoom - perhaps one of the best ever designed. The 17-35 is the standard pro level wide angle zoom for 35mm Nikon cameras. Excellent optic as well.

I can use both of these lenses with the D80 right? My friend used them on a film camera.

To the best of my knowledge, yes, you can use them on your D80

You won't be disappointed with the 80-200. Top notch all the way

Yuo just can't use anything that says DX on a FILM camera, or if Nikon make full frames later, you can't use it on those either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back