What's new

17 year-old...What camera should I buy?

Personally I would say head over to a video forum and have a chat with some of them with regard to the video abilities of DSLRs and the T2i in particular. Considering your future aims and intents this might be the better package in a body for you at present since it lets you have access to both quality stills and quality video recording - and the people on the video forums can give more input on the video features.

Also even though it is a lower level body you can still do fast settings changes with a rebel series body - ok you gotta hold down one button to do it, but I never found it that limiting on my 400D once you get used to it.

Also a lot of the image quality differences you'll see in DSLRs isn't specifically from the body, but from the use of good quality lenses in front of the body - from good lighting control and also from a good photographer able to control the camera and manipulate/work with the lighting to get the best effect.
 
You guys have given me a lot to think about, which I appreciate.

To answer a few questions, I really am interested in shooting almost everything. I want to get my feet wet in every type of photography.:D But feel free to suggest any other cameras you think might work out for me.

I definately like the idea of having a better built and mroe professional camera, but the T2i seems like it might be a better package for me.

Should I consider the Nikon D5100 or perhaps any other cameras?

The 1D MKIV is better.
 
You should look for some used body and spend the money on a better lens. How much money do you have to spend in total?
 
I'd have to agree with VI, always consider the 1D Mark IV. It is a really nice camera.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom