18-55 mm lens question

Reyna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I recently sold my Nikon D60 on Craigslist for $300. When I had the camera yesterday and showed the buyer all the features, everything was working perfectly on it. I've never had one problem. Today, the guy emails me and says the lens won't go to the focal length 55mm. He says it stops at 45mm. It's the kit lens 18-55mm.

I wasn't sure what to tell him other than to take a picture at the longest focal length, upload it to his computer and get the info from properties. He says it's at 45mm. I really don't know how to help him any further. He is definitely a beginner and doesn't know much about SLR's. I think I'm going to guide him to this forum for learning his SLR. Until then, does anyone know what the issue could be or what I could tell him?

Thank you so much.

That does sound odd. The only thing that comes to mind, that would prevent a lens from zooming, is if it was damaged or maybe clogged with sand etc.

I'd guess it's more than likely user error on his part. Maybe he's just looking at the wrong markings on the lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back