1937 John Deere B

The camber looks off on those front tires. They are leaning inwards.

I think this is pretty standard for the older tricycle tractors. I'm not sure why, but I'm thinking it may be to get better traction when you're turning. Depending on what you're doing the front end can be pretty light, and you need all the help you can get making everything go the direction you want.

We had an old Case with a rear-mounted forklift when I was growing up that we used to load totes onto the truck to haul to the cannery. When those totes were heavy you were very careful about what you did so that you wouldn't do a "dying cockroach" with the tractor.

The new rubber looks completely out of place. If this is going at auction, it had better fetch more than the tires cost.
I have been to a lot of auctions where they sell a new set of tires with an old tractor attached to them. New tires are a bad investment if you are planing on selling the tractor.

Leaning inwards or leaning outwards? Whatever, that is correct for that tractor.

This design keeps the contact area of both tires as close together as they can get them. I think the reason they do that is to minimize steering effort and reduce steering wheel shock to the operator.

Nothin' runs like a Deere. These all scream B&W (sepia) to moi.

All the other brands made sure they didn't make that mistake! :biggrin-93:
Just joking! :)
After all over 90% of the John Deeres built are still the field to this day! They never made it back to the farm!!!:biglaugh:

Leaning inwards or leaning outwards? Whatever, that is correct for that tractor.

This design keeps the contact area of both tires as close together as they can get them. I think the reason they do that is to minimize steering effort and reduce steering wheel shock to the operator.

And you can track between the rows for cultivating the crops.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back