1968 Vancouver, BC, Canada.

r.reeder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This, of Vancouver, British Columbia, was taken in December, 1968, from a Maritime Museum, with a 1956 Kodak Retina IIc, # 633592. I think I was using Kodachrome, but maybe it was Ectachrome. I saw the scene, positioned to get a better view, snapped it, & then more or less forgot about it until I got the slides back, & noticed that it was actually a pretty good photo. It could use a little contrast, but maybe that's the mist that hung in the air.

img2066.jpg

I wonder what it looks like from this vantage point today.

Composition wise, subject wise, I agree that it's a good photo. Looks like it's gone a bit magenta, though. You could have a play with it, if you're so inclined, and get some white back into that snow.

I agree with Mike that it would be interesting to see that vantage point today. Very nice shot!

Oh wow, so cool-almost fifty years ago! I love the way slide film captures look when scanned (or when projected!). I appreciated hearing some of the background information regarding the capture and camera.

The main difference you'd see today is that the buildings have gone from 15 - 20 stories to 40 - 50 stories.

This, of Vancouver, British Columbia, was taken in December, 1968, from a Maritime Museum, with a 1956 Kodak Retina IIc, # 633592. I think I was using Kodachrome, but maybe it was Ectachrome. I saw the scene, positioned to get a better view, snapped it, & then more or less forgot about it until I got the slides back, & noticed that it was actually a pretty good photo. It could use a little contrast, but maybe that's the mist that hung in the air.

View attachment 164260
Nice, pretty quite image. It's great that it is 50 years ago.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back