What's new

1998 Canon Elan IIe with lens, remote (non digital SLR)

elanIIe

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 23, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Looking to get rid of this. I suppose the lens may be worth something. Hardly used, kept in a sealed plastic bag. Mint condition. No dents, scratches, never dropped. If not interested, where can I go to sell this thing? Thanks.
 
Looking to get rid of this. I suppose the lens may be worth something. Hardly used, kept in a sealed plastic bag. Mint condition. No dents, scratches, never dropped. If not interested, where can I go to sell this thing? Thanks.

Well there are some folks that do still shoot 35 mm - but at least in my experience most of them seem to prefer classic cameras as opposed to the SLR's like the Elan. If you don't get an offer here I suppose you could try craigslist or perhaps ebay. As to the lens, the newer lenses with IS (Image stablization) are generally sold with the camera or for something like a standard kit lens really aren't all that expensive by themselves, as a result I don't think the lens would probably bring a lot but of course there is certainly no harm in going out to Ebay, seeing what they are selling for on average and see if it's worth your time to try and sell it there.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
 
Location?

As a rough guide, most consumer EF bodies sell for £15-£30, pro ones for 40-60 and the 28-80 USM sells for £20 to £30 on ebay.
(I paid £50 for this lens and an EOS 300 as a kit - The Elan is a better body though, so maybe more)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom