1DX III

Discussion in 'Canon Cameras' started by TonyUSA, Jan 6, 2020.

1. TonyUSA

TonyUSA No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    What do you guys think about this camera?

2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    I think that 10 years from now I will buy one for $500 used...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. weepete

weepete TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    It's a great camera, Canon's top of the line pro body for sports and wildlife. I've shot with a 1DX and it's still a fantastic camera. There'll be a lot of learning with it, the menus will be complicated and it will take time to get it set up and tweeked but customisation should be excellent. Weight is a disadvantage, and these are really big with the built in grips. Blisteringly fast AF, superb tracking, great low light performance. At 20Mpix is not got the high resolution we are used to seeing in top end cameras, but for what it's designed for it looks pretty good.

If you are not shooting pro sports or wildlife then there's probably other cameras you should be looking at that'll provide greater versitility, but in it's niche it's one of the best out there.

I'm happy with my 5DmkIV for what I shoot as it's a bit more of an all rounder. If I only shot landscapes I'd be looking at the 5DSR.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sharpshooterr

Sharpshooterr No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Tony, what do you wanna know? If you’re a pro action shooter and you shoot Canon, you need one, or one like it! Of course no one has one in their hands yet so it’s still only the Canon White papers but they’re pretty complete. mom on a mkl right know and am gonna move up to the mkll when I find a decent one for a decent price.
    I’m after the 4K video for some projects coming up. Then my old 1Dx baby will go up for sale!!
    Or wait the 6 months to a year for the refurbs to come out! I’d love to have a Mklll, it’s an amazing camera. I’d like to have seen a bit more than 20mp but for the sports I shoot i don’t really need more. What I need is more focus power. When I need more mp I simply use my 5Ds. They make a formidable duo!!!
    SS

5. TonyUSA

Photos OK to edit
    Just got an email today from the store that I normally buy camera stuffs from.

I can pre order now for $6,390 and will include 1 extra LPE19 battery, SanDisk 512GB CF Express Card and reader + 3 year all peril Mack warranty.

The price of SanDisk 512 CF express card is unbelievable, it is $600 for the card.

6. TonyUSA

Photos OK to edit
    I want to know anything about this camera and what you guys think about it. That what I was thinking before to get 1Dx II because the price might go down to $4,000. But extra $2,000 might be worth it to get the III. Seen many reviewed on youtube yesterday and many of them already have it and it is very nice.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  7. Sharpshooterr

Sharpshooterr No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Yes that card could back up an entire vacation or a complete job, like a full 3 weeks at the Olympics!!
    I have never bought the latest and greatest when it first comes out with the exception of the 7Dll.
    Here’s a discussion at Fred Miranda I’ve been following for about 3 months! LoL
    Of course with the real specs released the discussion has zoomed in on it’s real capabilities. There are a lot of geeks over there but that’s good to analyze the differences between dual pixel live view vs regular 4K 60 fps video!
    Professionally I shoot mostly bicycle racing with an emphasis on cyclocross and private sessions for mountain bikers and some bike companies. My main issues are more focus power way more than speed.
    I’ll check out some YouTube’s tonight. Here the link to the discussion at FM. Mostly 1Dxlll vs ML! Only the last couple pages are AFTER it was announced. If you preorder you’ll have it next month! That price ain’t so bad if you add up the costs of those extras. Is the extended warranty through the store? Hope you get it!!!
    SS
    1Dx Mark III full spec.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TonyUSA

Photos OK to edit
    I am still back and forth on the body after found out that Canon will not offer any new EF mount anymore.

9. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    I have not heard about Canon discontinuing new ef-mount bodies .where did you hear that?

10. TonyUSA

Photos OK to edit
    Not bodies but lenses. Someone posted on the facebook. Let me check it and will post the link here.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  11. photoflyer

photoflyer TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I only know what we all know from the early reviews but with any new equipment of any kind I ask myself "What will it enable me to do that I cannot achieve with my current gear and is the marginal increase in cost worth the investment?" I am sure there are pros out there that are ready to replace their current 1DX Mark II and won't even think about this purchase. That said, what a beast!

• Like Like x 1
  12. TonyUSA

Photos OK to edit