The_Caper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Evening all,

Went on a hike today to test out the 40D I just picked up yesterday. The temperature was cold at - 10 degrees celcius and I was out for over 4 hours in the cold with the camera and took roughly 58 shots total.

After I got home and let the camera warm up a bit I was surprised to see the battery still had a full charge. I was really happy with how the camera functioned in the cold weather. As well, I did not run into any problems such as error 1, error 99 and there does not seem to be any hot pixels I can find.

I had heard of many problems with this camera from several members on different websites but so far I think I got a keeper.

Any way, I did not really like any of my shots from today as I just didn't see what I was looking for but here is a couple from the hike.

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

Dynamic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
What were some of your settings? Did you try to test the camera at high ISO settings ? I'm curious how much noise would register at say ISO 1600.
Anyways, the pictures look good to me :wink:

OP
The_Caper

The_Caper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Photos OK to edit
Thank you both for taking the time to comment I really appreciate it.

Dynamic, the full exif data can be viewed on all 3 with Opanda iexif 2 software or a program similar but my iso was set at 400 using Apeture priority for all.

therustytracks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
i really like number 1 and 2. And i love the 40d. My girlfriend has one. It's not much different from 30d but it is a little better.

Phazan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Nice shots, I just got my 40D about a month ago, it's been great! Congratulations!

OP
The_Caper

The_Caper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Photos OK to edit
Thank you for commenting folks. I just woke up and It is an extremely cold morning here at - 23 degrees celcius so I think my hike is going to be canceled today due to me being a big baby.

N'Kolor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thank you for commenting folks. I just woke up and It is an extremely cold morning here at - 23 degrees celcius so I think my hike is going to be canceled today due to me being a big baby.

Holy cow, I woke up today and it was 40 degrees Fahrenheit...and I thought that was cold! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics