What's new

1st HDR Attempt - Feedback Wanted

WAY to much edge glow.. holy... it looks like everything has neon on it! :p

comp isn't bad.... slightly underexposed. and its pretty unbalanced; big pump on the right and nothing on the left.. draws the eye to the right and then there isn't anything to draw it back........ except maybe the glowing tree :p

Good effort, just work on your PP a little bit and look for scenes that have a bit MORE range to begin with! This scene looks pretty flat, which doesn't usually equal very good HDR photos.

If I'm honest, other than the edge glow, this doesn't even look very HDR to me!

Keep working though!
502518-666666666666_super.jpg
 

Attachments

  • $502518-666666666666_super.webp
    $502518-666666666666_super.webp
    11 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Wow. If you were going for halos then you sure got it! Way too overprocessed for me but I don't do a lot of HDR either.
 
Lol, thanks for the quick responses. I'll keep all that in mind. Definitely still learning. Not sure when (or if) I'll try another, but we'll see.

What's the best way to tone down the halos?
 
What program are you using for Post processing?

If its photoshop then one of the sliders you are using for the merge to HDR says "Edge glow"

I only have experience for PS though... :)
 
Yeah, photoshop. So tone it down a bit on the Edge Glow?
 
Yeah, photoshop. So tone it down a bit on the Edge Glow?

Definitely. And when you try it again just try different lighting or just longer exposures.

Subject matter is a big part of hdr as well. Maybe get a closer view of the pump; as rusty metal tends to look really nice. Wood also looks nice. It takes a lot of practice to get good landscapes in general and even more to get good HDR landscapes. So maybe just try some individual things (like the pump) instead of such an open area!
 
Doesn't look a whole lot different? Its lighter, which is nice. Honestly though, you'll probably need a new photo to really implement a lot of improvement.

7016417279_ea3c61a34c_b.jpg


I Worked on it a little bit... only a quick job though. But you see the way the glow isn't as extreme? Without the original photos its not as easy to get rid of the glow. Just make the "Glow radius" setting lower in photoshop, so it doesn't extend out so far.

I also adjusted the lighting and color a little bit...
 
Last edited:
Yeah, getting better at exposing multiple images is something I need to work on.
 
I didn't this time, but something I'll work with in the future.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom