1st HDR tries C&C

Chodie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't find an HDR image that I'm happy with using only photomatix. Is photoshop/lightroom almost required to really get HDR to pop?

Any advice on mistakes I'm making with these HDR photos would be really appreciated!

Attachments

• $J.jpg
    $J.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 166
  • $22.jpg
    $22.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
In the first one I think the colors are way over saturated and it looks to me like you used too much sharpening. Over saturating is easy to do with HDR. The second looks like you didn't have an image over exposed enough to bring up the shadows. Or you just didn't in tone mapping.

In the first one I think the colors are way over saturated and it looks to me like you used too much sharpening. Over saturating is easy to do with HDR. The second looks like you didn't have an image over exposed enough to bring up the shadows. Or you just didn't in tone mapping.

Thank you very much. I'll have to work on getting more of a dynamic range for the second. I agree the first is way over saturated. I need some more time tweaking in photomatix. I purchased PS and Topaz today too.

As for the HDR section..

The description for Beyond the Basics is:

"This is the forum for more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, HDR, and other techniques and controls!"

I'll post in the HDR from now on. I hope you understand the "mistake".

Most reactions

Back