1st Maternity Shoot C&C PLEASE!!

Cortney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had my first Maternity Photo Shoot with a coworker.. Here are a few of my favorites..

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

I'm no expert, but they seem like they turned out very nice. Only a couple of comments.

The second one looks a little soft, and the fence behind her is not doing the shot any justice.

I like the lighting in the first one. You can tell it's natural lighting because of the shadows on her, but they are not harsh. They are nice & soft. Must have been done in the evening.

I'm no expert either, but it seems like she's pregnant. I'd agree that the fences in the backgrounds are not helping. I like the soft, ethereal look, but I do think some "talls" might have looked a bit better on this set.

You need to boost the color a little.

but I do think some "talls" might have looked a bit better on this set.

I'm curious as to what you mean by talls. I'm thinking full length shots in portrait orientation. Is my guess correct?

I took the liberty of doing a quick and dirty edit - trying to warm up the first shot and it seems a bit underexposed to me as well. Let me know if you want me to take it down.

I boosted the warmth in the shot, upped the contrast a little, lightened her some and left the background, brightened her eyes and teeth and added a slight vignette.

maternity.jpg

Focus seems to be out in a few of them?

Yeah I had some trouble with number 3 and 5, She was in the shade, but where I was standing was in the sun.. I was using auto focus (which I should have probably switched to manual) It's happened one other time that I remember... now that I stop and think about it! I don't know if it's a me thing, a camera thing, or a lens thing.. All were taken with a Nikon D5000 with my 18-55 lens.. I tried to compensate by bumping the clarity and trying to give the whole thing a soft look.. I only have Lightroom.. and I am definately still learning that too! I agree with the fence too! I was so focused on her I didn't take enough time to notice on what was going on in the background..

I took the liberty of doing a quick and dirty edit - trying to warm up the first shot and it seems a bit underexposed to me as well. Let me know if you want me to take it down.

I boosted the warmth in the shot, upped the contrast a little, lightened her some and left the background, brightened her eyes and teeth and added a slight vignette.

maternity.jpg

Thanks! I don't mind at all.. At this stage in the game I need all the help I can get! I've pretty much self taught myself Lightroom so I am sure there are things that I am missing!

I would brighten up her face in the first couple shots maybe boost saturation in the 3rd one it just seems flat/boring and I dont like that her eyes are closed in the 4th one makes her look more asleep than looking at her baby... 5 is the best imo but try a portrait crop and offer that as well... overall not bad just trying to nit pick...

is it me or is it underexposed?

DSC_0188.jpg

gave it kinda a vintage feeling to make it less flat

also notice you have a crop on her feet in this one and one other, be careful of that.

everyone has there own style just find yours and it will make things much easier. Love the location btw

#3 needs the sign cropped out plus a little bit of the white dead space, (or more for portrait mode) and then it will be a nice photo IMO. Bump up the exposure on most of them too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back