1st photoshoot c&c please

gummibear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this was my first shoot and I had a blast, but I think this little girl even had more fun than me! She's such a sweet heart and I would really like some critiques/help/comments or any tips for the next photoshoot(s). Thanks for viewing :)
(click for bigger Pic)

the white balance seemed to be off, not sure if it was the camera, which some of the reviews for my camera said that photos can be a little "orange" but how can I correct that, for next time? Flourescent, Incandescent? Auto?
these shots look better in sepia and black and white to me just because i feel like i cant get the skin tone right, ugh, have i just been staring at them for a while or does the skin tone look right? These are only 3 shots out of a bunch and only 1 out of the 3 of the girls. Thanks

Edit: more pics added, and i tried to fix one, how'd i do?
or does it still look off?

Last edited:
i dont know if its the white balance or the tint, but something is very wrong with them.

skin tone can be tricky, but if you shoot in raw you at least get the ability to change things later.

totally agree on the WB issue.
its tough to do proper C&C with such small images...i tried to click on them but they are not public photos i guess. i dont have permission to view them.

I like the composition, and lighting.
You're right about the colors, they suck and its obvious that if you through a color filter over them, image will look nicer.
but how can I correct that, for next time? Flourescent, Incandescent? Auto?
Depends on your light source. You could just shoot raw OR costume preset it.

thanks for the input it think it could've been the lights i normally work with window light but this was late in the day, here they are in sepia which look way better to me

what do you think I had the privacy settings on I turned them off so now you should be able to click them and make them bigger. I 'll have to redo the color images, they are not good. I'm dissapointed, but, that's how we learn things right, Thanks for being honest everyone, your comments are greatly appreciated.
Here are a few more from the same day, what do you think on these?

I think that the skin tone/color looks better on the 2nd girl, but I have no idea how or why? the 1st little girl does have somewhat of a tan but I definately don't think that it should matter that much. I'm going to try to redo the others in photoshop or something, its so frustrating I would like a new camera but don't have the cashflow, ha ha. right now I'm shooting with a FujiFilm Finepix S1000 fd. Not a great camera but it has manual settings, and it doesn't have image Stabilization, which really sucks, I don't really know much about filters, is that a DSLR/SLR thing only, or a manual zoom lens? and I can't shoot in RAW, Is that something you can only do with a canon? Thanks for input and viewing. Please let me know what yall think I'm going to try to attempt fixing the color so... I'd really hate to give them crappy photos. Ugh.Oh well. Thanks a bunch ;)

skin tones on the 2nd girl are also very warm.
and it doesn't have image Stabilization
My lens also doesn't have it. It isn't a must have feature and on my 2nd lens it is turned off.
I'm hesitant of saying ALL, thus with MOST 99.999999% of modern dSLRs can shoot RAW.

Use a flash, readjust your WB, and get those colors going :)

OR, go BW :D

ok i think this is the best color i can get :confused:

did they pay you to shoot these? lol

no they didn't pay me, guess this call for a reshoot . . . :(

no they didn't pay me, guess this call for a reshoot . . . :(

main issue with the photos is your white balance. this can be adjusted in photoshop or other photo editing software. i like the idea with the light bulbs, other than that ... you should practice more. your one step ahead of me tho. i have yet to do portraits.

sorry to say that most of them look very yellow, I am new to this also and skin tone is very hard for me also. I do like the b&w much better

Most reactions

New Topics

Back