1st Post. New Zealand

RCJH_GOKU

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, just got back from New Zealand on vacation! Beautiful country. I am very new to photography, I have a T4i that I have had for about a year but haven't been able to use much due to work. The last couple months I have been able to get back into it and figured I would post a few from my trip to get a little feedback. Any suggestions that would help me improve these would be appreciated. Just so you know other than being cropped these have not been edited due to my lack of knowledge and software. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• $IMG_1187(1).JPG
    $IMG_1187(1).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • $IMG_1661.JPG
    $IMG_1661.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 118
  • $IMG_1425.JPG
    $IMG_1425.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
  • $IMG_1531.JPG
    $IMG_1531.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 131
Are the bottom too from 90 mile beach, north island. There also the more interesting, I don't no enough to say what software could do to improve them

Hey, welcome belatedly. Girl on beach has the highest potential, but generally you are shooting "wide" meaning there is not a "subject" and a "background".

There is one thing that is disappointing to photographers; taking a picture of a terrific landscape and finding that the photograph does not convey the same feeling as you experienced when you were there seeing it in person.

Are the bottom too from 90 mile beach, north island. There also the more interesting, I don't no enough to say what software could do to improve them

hey, thanks for the comments. Those are actually taken at Piha beach.

Hey, welcome belatedly. Girl on beach has the highest potential, but generally you are shooting "wide" meaning there is not a "subject" and a "background".

There is one thing that is disappointing to photographers; taking a picture of a terrific landscape and finding that the photograph does not convey the same feeling as you experienced when you were there seeing it in person.

thanks for your reply. I think I understand what you are saying, I guess I was just trying to capture the scene as a whole rather than focusing on a particular "subject". In regards to landscape photography what would be some good examples of trying to capture certain subject when it is mostly mountains and beaches and what not? I told you I was pretty wet behind the ears haha.

Technically are the photos fairly sound in regards to exposure, white balance and what not?

Also there were some other photos I liked a little better that I wanted to post but when I tried to upload them it said the file was too large, can anybody help with this issue???

Thanks in advance. Keep any comments/suggestions coming!

Here are a few others that may be a little better compositionally? Any comments are appreciated

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    752.8 KB · Views: 149
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    672.2 KB · Views: 117
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    885 KB · Views: 95
Is Piha beach on the east of north isl, I was every where else north and south isl but not east. I think in regard to composition exposure etc the woman on the beach is my favorite of that batch but I think if you had gotten her head in the reflection too. I think 1661jpeg is a bit dull, under exposed, maybe.

Top three are good. I imagine the originals might look better then what seen here.

Is Piha beach on the east of north isl, I was every where else north and south isl but not east. I think in regard to composition exposure etc the woman on the beach is my favorite of that batch but I think if you had gotten her head in the reflection too. I think 1661jpeg is a bit dull, under exposed, maybe.

Top three are good. I imagine the originals might look better then what seen here.

It was on the north island, about an hour away from Auckland. Definitely one of my favorite places on the trip. I definitely see what you mean about catching the rest of her body in the reflection, wish I would have thought of that then. The other is probably a bit underexposed. Appreciate the feedback, it helps with the learning process haha. Only problem is I don't have anywhere near as beautiful as that location.

Great photos! A few friends of mine recently went to NZ for two weeks as part of a study abroad photography course. I wanted to go but it just wasn't practical, so I got to enviously view their awesome landscapes on Facebook.

Some day....some day.... ;)

Second set of pics are much better. I really like the 2nd picture from the 2nd set.

Most reactions

Back