1st senior photo shoot

amnd2323

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first attempt at senior photos. I did this for free so I could start adding photos to my portfolio. What do you think?

Thanks,
Mandy

Avina-Z-Sylvia-296.jpg

DSC_0718copy.jpg

DSC_0680copy.jpg

These looks good to me. I like the 2nd one most. You took them so they can go to your portfolio, you can always remove these to make room for better/newer ones.

What lens you used?

ifi.....these were taken with either my 50mm/1.8 or my 85mm/1.8.

erose86.....I agree about the knee being cut off...I've gotta get better at watching for things like that. It's funny about the "orange" look....another photographer actually walked by and said "how 'bout some light on her" and he shined his huge gold reflector on her. Probably would've been much better using the silver side!

Thanks for your feedback :)

It's official! Canon T2i :boogie:, Canon EF-S 18-55mm, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4, To be continued...
When did you get 50mm 1.4, how do you like it?

Sorry OP for borrowing your thread for this question :)

Pretty subject! I don't know who started the 'crooked camera' craze but I don't care for it at all. I strongly recommend you keep the camera level.

a little too saturated and overexposed imo! But nice photos overall.

1. Too orange, knee cutoff both adversely impact an otherwise nice shot
2. With the tilted camera, you need to allow more space to the left of the subject. Her boot is crowding the right-hand side of the frame too much.
3. With the tilt, you need to allow more space to the left of the subject. Her hair looks inky black and without detail, so the contrast is probably a bit too high I'd say.

For a first attempt, not too bad. I'd strongly consider re-thinking the tilt idea. it does not magically make a photo better or more dynamic,and needs to be used sparingly, if ever.

Two days ago ... and I LOOOOOVE it! :sillysmi:
Let me guess, the UPS guy left it at your door :)

It's a great lens :thumbup: Please post some photos when you get a chance.

I just randomly posted a few shots....that all happened to be "crooked". Here are a few that are "straight up"....
Good shots :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back