What's new

1st Shots w/New Lens!!!

z06-jim

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Location
Paducah, KY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my ‘EF 300 F/2.8 L IS’ in yesterday and these are the very first shots I’ve taken with it.
I didn’t have much time to play with it due to getting home from work late yesterday evening but did managed to find a couple subjects to try it out on.
This lens has already become my favorite, it is fast & sharp!!!!
#1 & #2 shot w/ 2X Extender @ F/5.6 @ 600mm.....
#3, #4, & #5 straight out of lens F/2.8 @ 300mm
Canon 5DII & HSS Flash

#1
569861122_WXTqh-L.jpg


#2

#3
569861191_pQwkX-L.jpg


569860997_EDGDZ-L.jpg


#4
569861050_cx425-L.jpg


#5
569860937_QoRYX-L.jpg
 
Last edited:
Great shots...especially the ants. I'm assuming those are classic red ants?
 
1st and 3rd are unbelievable!
 
These are really nice!
 
Great shots...especially the ants. I'm assuming those are classic red ants?
Thanks...I believe you're right, at least that's what I call them...:wink:

Yes, I also call them a HUGE PAIN!

It's also ironic that as much as I loathe and hate red ants, they are oddly pretty in your photo...almost appearing as if filled with amber honey. Alas, I have some new angry red welts that assure me that they are not filled with honey! :x
 
Great shots...especially the ants. I'm assuming those are classic red ants?
Thanks...I believe you're right, at least that's what I call them...:wink:

Yes, I also call them a HUGE PAIN!

It's also ironic that as much as I loathe and hate red ants, they are oddly pretty in your photo...almost appearing as if filled with amber honey. Alas, I have some new angry red welts that assure me that they are not filled with honey! :x

Seems your relationship with red ants is the same as mine with wasps and hornets. *hands Barking Mad some RAID* :hug::
 
Great shots, but there is no way you shot @ f/2.8 with a 2x telelconverter attached.

Congrats on the new lens. I would love to get one for rodeo events.

Derrick
 
#1 Is GREAT! Ive got a ton of humming bird pictures taken with my 500mm f/8 (wish I had a niece long fast peice of glass...all ive got is 50mm f/1.8)
Id try using shutter speed priority and shoot at 1/4000 second....that freezes the wings enough that they arent a blur...but are still blurred...it looks cool, give it a shot next time you can! Or even cooler, try 1/8000, it almost completely freezes the wings (Unless my hand was shaking....I was shooting handheld)

#2 is great, but its over saturated.

#3 is really cool...its a lot of brown in the picture...but its a cool shot.

#4 I dont personaly like it all to much, but its a prety cool shot. The look on the birds face is wierd.

#5 is great! Only suggestion is use a smaller aperture so all the ants are in focus.
 
I'm not a huge fan of the bird pictures for composition reasons, but the ants picture is fantastic!! :)
 
The detail in the hummingbird photo is amazing. I've wondered, but not attempted what it would take to "freeze" a hummingbird in flight.

Personally, I like all of them. Great job! You must live some place beautiful to have these subjects handy.
 
I love #3. He looks pretty proud of himself or herself what ever the case may be. The ant pic is awesome as well but I have to agree with the earlier poster that said a wider DOF might have been nice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom