What's new

1st Shots w/New Lens!!!

I kind of like the other ants blurred. To me it gives the notion that there's many many more of them, which is usually the case. There's probably more blurred behind those ants & more behind those . . .
 
Great shots, but there is no way you shot @ f/2.8 with a 2x telelconverter attached.
Congrats on the new lens. I would love to get one for rodeo events.
Derrick
Opps, had the Av's reversed...:oops:...Thanks...:D
 
#1 Is GREAT! Ive got a ton of humming bird pictures taken with my 500mm f/8 (wish I had a niece long fast peice of glass...all ive got is 50mm f/1.8)
Id try using shutter speed priority and shoot at 1/4000 second....that freezes the wings enough that they arent a blur...but are still blurred...it looks cool, give it a shot next time you can! Or even cooler, try 1/8000, it almost completely freezes the wings (Unless my hand was shaking....I was shooting handheld)
#2 is great, but its over saturated.
#3 is really cool...its a lot of brown in the picture...but its a cool shot.
#4 I dont personaly like it all to much, but its a prety cool shot. The look on the birds face is wierd.
#5 is great! Only suggestion is use a smaller aperture so all the ants are in focus.
Thanks for the comments....much appreciated...:D
 
Funny. For everyone who would like more DOF with the ants, it isn't possible with macros... at least not too much more. The only thing that can be done is to focus stack with computer programs.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom