well you just need to work on photographing better angles or in a perspective that makes the shot interesting. Most of what I shoot (not saying I am great) doesn't get any PP done, and if it does its very minimal. You can't change the perspective of the shot with PP and IMO at least the perspective is what makes the shot interesting.
I'm about having my own style, there are no rules to art IMHO. There's plenty of ways to make a photo "perfect" but there's only one way to make it yours. :thumbup:
There are different target audiences for your art. If all you're concerned with is making yourself happy with your work, then you're on easy street.

If you want to do something that inspires others and makes people go "wow, I wish I had shot that" then you have your work cut out for you (like the rest of us).
I wish all I cared about was impressing myself... but then I'm probably a worse critic of my work than other people are. I have maybe 3 or 4 images I'm really-really happy with, the rest are lacking in some way. So I push myself harder and harder, studying the work of other photographers that I admire and trying to build my skills so that others look at my images and think "wow, I wish I had taken that."
You said you found your images to be boring. I agree, the subjects and angles are rather bland. The post editing, IMHO, doesn't help at all. I think the post editing is making them worse. The over processing makes them way too dark, grainy and even less interesting.
Don't get discouraged. Heck, you should see some of my first images... I'm embarrassed to even look at them now. It seems when you first get a camera you just point it at everything and don't really think much about composition, angles, lighting, and other minor details that all add up.
Keep shooting. You'll eventually figure out your own unique style. Don't try "saving" pictures through editing. Approach it by getting a great picture first then editing it to make it amazing. You'll never get anywhere taking boring pictures and trying to make them exceptional... there's more to the equation than just editing.