1st time storm chasing!!

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

So the other night I tried a bit of storm chasing. It ended up being a lot tamer than expected, and I couldn't really get past these stupid clouds, but I did what I could. Was hoping you could tell me what you think! Didn't really get any bolts, but I think the clouds lighting up was cool.

Which one's your favorite? Any you think I should bin?

$DSC_0499.JPG
$DSC_0505.JPG
$DSC_0507.JPG
$DSC_0509.JPG
$DSC_0516.JPG
$DSC_0517.JPG
$DSC_0518.JPG

Thanks!

Nice cloud structure, but I'm not sure I'd hang any of them on my wall yet. I found that lightning shots are sort of like sunsets -- it's really, really rare that a sunset all by itself is spectacular enough to make a photo work, and lighting is sort of the same way. Once I managed to capture lighting a couple times, I found myself looking for something a little more substantial in the way of foreground interest, where the lighting can work to add to the photo rather than needing to carry the whole photo all by itself.

As always, though, if you're going to be outside in this sort of weather, BE CAREFUL!

Nice cloud structure, but I'm not sure I'd hang any of them on my wall yet. I found that lightning shots are sort of like sunsets -- it's really, really rare that a sunset all by itself is spectacular enough to make a photo work, and lighting is sort of the same way. Once I managed to capture lighting a couple times, I found myself looking for something a little more substantial in the way of foreground interest, where the lighting can work to add to the photo rather than needing to carry the whole photo all by itself.

As always, though, if you're going to be outside in this sort of weather, BE CAREFUL!

Do you think this foreground is any good? Kinda like a farm house facing the storm type of thing xD

Most reactions

New Topics

Back