1st Wedding with a Panasonic FZ20

tygersclaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was DJing a wedding on September 10th and made the mistake of, during conversation with the groom to confirm the details of the evening, of mentioning I had just bought a new camera. I only had the camera for about 2 days...and so obviously I was still getting used to it.

The groom tells me "you're welcome to take pictures at our reception as we have no photographer for that" and I go..."ooo...kaaay". The groom, from the way he was talking, is hoping to maybe get some of the images I took for the album. Yep...even offering to pay for them.

Well for me, I looked at this as a chance to try the camera in a wedding reception/dance situation and see what I would get. And to add to my fun, I bought the external flash only on the Friday night before, and really did not get a chance to work with or get to know how to use the flash.

Turns out there was only one other person at the wedding with a small P & S camera that was going to have a hard time with the VERY low lighting in the hall. I know, it was the same Fuji camera as mentioned in my other wedding pic post. So, I became almost like the person to take the pictures at the reception.

Anyway, I am including a couple of untouched images as well as a couple I have attempted to work on. I just got PSP X as well as GIMP and so I am having ALL kinds of fun learning hardware, software and new underwear.

As I said in my Fuji wedding pic thread...critique away. I am here to learn...and besides maybe seeing my terrible images will surely make someone feel much better about their images taken with experience and knowledge. Neither of which I have..

Here we go..... fire away :)

1. Unretouched

Wedding_200509100193.JPG

2. After

Kiss_sepia.jpg

Guest Book.jpg

Wedding_200509100194.JPG

5. Untouched...kinda washed out

Wedding_200509100167.JPG

6.Just the bouquet...which was also the cake top

Wedding_200509100167aa.jpg

Wedding_200509100117sepiafrm.jpg

8. This was a pose the couple did for me. The bride made the cake herself

Wedding_200509100111.JPG

Wedding_200509100098.JPG

Wedding_200509100107.jpg

Thanks in advance...

;) :D

There looking good! I really like the black and white and sepia photographs. Good work!

Did you get paid aswell? :D

Thank-you Fiona. I appreciate the kind words.

In regards to the payment question, no I was not paid for the photographs or to take the pictures. I was actually contracted as the DJ and welcomed the opportunity to test/try the new camera out in an actual situation.

Since this wedding, I bought an Omnibounce which I hope will help with improving the quality of the future flash shots I take.

I do know the groom mentioned he would like copies/prints of the images that turned out, but I have no idea what to charge for them. Especially since I do not do this as my primary business. It would be nice to get some money which I could use towards getting a Nikon D70 one day.

Once again thank-you Fiona.

Most reactions

Back