What's new

2 am city shots

Xanimal13

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went hiking around my town for a few hours last night and got a few shots I enjoyed. My biggest problem was the F on the free hugs, I wanted to show the alleyway but lost a bit of both in the end unfortunately :(
$Urban decay lqnw-2.webp
$Urban decay lqnw.webp
 
Not bad. The first has more going for it in terms of composition and color. My suggestion is to decenter it a little by cropping the left to remove that very bright light in the upper corner - I'd crop just a little past that light. This also makes it easier for one's eye to go into the image and look at all of the interesting stuff further in, which is now the brightest part of the image.
 
How do you feel about this one? A little better on the crop in your opinion?
$Urban decay lqnwcrop.webp
 
Good crop.

Also, I like the Free Hugs and the way it suggests you have to crawl through the fence and into the dark shadows to get them! :) The only thing I might have done differently is to lower the ISO and increase exposure. It's a bit too grainy for me, although that adds to the gritty urban feeling I suppose.

Canon EOS Digital Rebel? That's what I use, too, btw.
 
Yeah, I think that works better.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom