2 Brick walls

Dao

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Which one you like better?

3311000934_cb3f00a2d7_o.jpg

3310171345_548357af3e_o.jpg

1st for sure! I really like the colors and composition, but I think it might look better cropped more on the bottom.

I prefer the texture of the brick in the second one, but don't like the washed out sidewalk.

i am unable to decide.... guess i've run into a brick wall...

Just realized what else was bothering me about #1, the horizon is crooked.

is it? if so I can't tell very much. What I do notice is that the right side seems to be either sloping away from the camera, or the lens was at such a wide angle there is a lot of distortion (in which case I would assume the left side of the photo was cropped off a bit).

is it? if so I can't tell very much. What I do notice is that the right side seems to be either sloping away from the camera, or the lens was at such a wide angle there is a lot of distortion (in which case I would assume the left side of the photo was cropped off a bit).

Thats it, seems to be some barrel distortion (see top of brick wall).

I'm all with CaptainIK, I really love the texture of the bricks in 2, created by some wonderful side light, but the washed out pavement is not nice. For a while I thought the photo had ended right underneath the bricked-up doorway ... but no. A bit of selective PP can help that fact, though, and then...! :D

Thank you all. Myself, I like the color of the rusted out blue door ... but I also like the texture of the 2nd one as well.

And yes, now I do think the washed out part is not very good. Cropping it out more at the bottom of the phicture will improve the overall look on the picture. Thanks!!

And yes, the distortion of the first one made the picture looks crooked. I will try to see if I can correct it.

But overall, I like the 2nd one myself.

Actually, the 2nd one is a parking lot next to a building. (hence the yellow lines)

Most reactions

Back