2 days. 2 urban shoots. C&C

kylehess10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kylehessphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a couple shoots for fun this weekend with some friends. Here's the 5 best from each shoot. C&C MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Equipment used:

Nikon D7000
Nikkor 85mm f/1.8
Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 (tried this lens for the first time...definitely not impressed)
Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5
(2) SB600's
Translucent umbrella, 24x24 softbox, & a homemade snoot (works surprisingly well for only $8 worth of supplies from Walmart)
PP in Lightroom 3 and a little bit in Photoshop CS5

Shoot 1 - shot at an abandoned elementary school

1.)

mc40vb.jpg

2.)

iz6x79.jpg

3.)

2d7x2ti.jpg

4.)

23k8394.jpg

5.)

2lny07a.jpg

Shoot 2 - shot at an abandoned paint factory

1.)

35kprp4.jpg

2.)

iwkg9f.jpg

3.)

2lafn6r.jpg

4.)

o5tee0.jpg

5.)

10n6xwj.jpg

Not feeling the first set of pictures, but loving the second set. I really like number three and five. Keep up the great work!

I really enjoyed these, great job in my opinion :)

I actually like the first set better! The girl's look, expression, and all over feel seems kinda akward and outta place for the environment. I love the first set, which is saying something because I rarely enjoy people photography. My favorite is #2 of the first set.

Nice

And yeah, my Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G came with free chromatic aberration. It got sold.

In your first set, watch how you are flagging off your Key light, It's inconsistant and misplaced in some. In number 2, there is not enough light on her forehead but way too much in her crotch. In 4 it is shifted to the camera left sholder and misses the right.

I know you were looking for a edgier more snooted/spotlight look, but with that you have to be careful with the placement when you take it there

First set is better cause the girl looks better, 2nd set got some nice photos...1st set 2nd picture though, I think it's never good to have a girl sit down and spread her legs. Just saying. GJ though

Cool pictures. Models, particularly in set #1 look very flat. Almost like a cardboard cutout. Anyone see this?

-John

Most reactions

Back