2 for C&C - A landscape and a girl

fokker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
#1 - 5 shots combined to HDR in photomatix, no further processing. I tried to keep it tasteful as far as HDR goes, which I think I achieved - if you didn't know any better could you tell that it's HDR?
4785498399_0f53a9e2c7_b.jpg

#2 - My friend playing with her hula hoop in the early morning frost. Personally I like the washed out look and the lens flare, it was pretty much the look I was going for. This is straight out of the camera, wasn't sure how to improve on it in PP - any thoughts here?

4785495641_c760800d04.jpg

First one I wouldnt pick as an obvious HDR.

Damn she must be a hardy kiwi girl in that short sleeveless dress and gumboots with a heavy frost like that, my "boys" are retreating just looking at that (the feeling of cold, just to clarify) ....brrrrrrr. I quite like that just as it is.

I like both of these. I think in #1 I would try some minor curve tweaks to see if we could bring just a little more detail out of the hills; not much but a little. #2 is a fun image, and I htink in this case the flare works well. Both images could stand to be leveled though.

Thanks for the comments. Yes Rob she's a tough one, it was still a few below zero when that was taken, I was rugged up in several layers and gloves, she wasn't even wearing a bra under that dress! (as evidenced by another photo I have where I tried using fill flash :biggrin:)

It is easy to forget you guys are in winter and we are in summer. It has been in the 90s here for a week or more.

I would try lifting the exposure a tad.

I would try toning down the exposure a tad. I think this will enhance the image enough without destroying the look you are going for.

First one I wouldnt pick as an obvious HDR.

Damn she must be a hardy kiwi girl in that short sleeveless dress and gumboots with a heavy frost like that, my "boys" are retreating just looking at that (the feeling of cold, just to clarify) ....brrrrrrr. I quite like that just as it is.
Wow wouldnt catch me out in that!! Hate New Zealand winter... as pretty as the frosts are I much prefer to stay by the fire! I have good intention of getting up early for a frosty morning sunrise but it never happens! that time of morning my bed is SO much more appealing!
Choice photo though i dont think id edit it at all :D

It is easy to forget you guys are in winter and we are in summer. It has been in the 90s here for a week or more.

I would try lifting the exposure a tad.

I would try toning down the exposure a tad. I think this will enhance the image enough without destroying the look you are going for.

Yeah I probably agree with you on both those points - the HDR looked better (brighter) on my laptop where I edited it than it doesn on my screen here at work so it probably does need a bit of a boost.

Eventer: You should really make the effort to get up early one morning and catch the sunrise, it can be really beautiful with these harsh Waikato frosts.

Eventer: You should really make the effort to get up early one morning and catch the sunrise, it can be really beautiful with these harsh Waikato frosts.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr, we only get a few frosts here each year being at sea level, usually gone by the time I get my A into G, Saturday was as cold as a witches ***, must look ridiculous to others with us whinging about frosts and the like when they get blizzards, freezing rain and 6 feet of snow, haha.

Hey Fokker, that other shot you mentioned, lets have a nosey ;), I need to uhmmm "confirm" you were actually seeing correctly.

Haha, maybe... although it probably goes against site rules, plus she'd kick my arse if she found out!

Most reactions

Back